What is the best PC brand?

Benny Boy

[-0MEGA-];28908 said:
I actually think that it does matter what brand you have, because i have a compaq now, and it freezes up when i open programs, and is going very slow. But my friends who have dells, or HP's, they dont have this problem.
Probly the user?:p

G3N1US!

my opinion on the ideal comp would be a new emachines. They come with a decent sized hard drive, a good amount of memory, and they're dirt cheap on most holidays.
My dad just bought one for 500$, comes with a 800gb hard drive and 4 gigs memory. the only bad part, it has an outdated processor.

WhiteTree

I'd still say, "better the Dell you know than the one you don't."
(I didn't think people would take my or mep's posts that seriously. :) )

[edit]
I'm rather surprised no one commented about the "awesome preinstalled software" - that was the best part.

Last edited:

SslagleZ28

^ Alienware is better than Dell any day of the week!

:D I like your style. But Im going to agree with whoever said the one with the best warranty lol cause all store bought computers suck, all those stupid useless programs just slow your computer down. Not to mention if it's just trial period software, you get "SIGN UP NOW" screens after the expiration till the end of time.

jgoff14

Dell owns Alienware... Neither's service is anything to be proud of. I left 3 messages for Alienware to call me back when there phones were backed up, they never called. When I did talk to someone they were rude and not helpful. I'll never buy from them again, even if someone threatens to castrate me with a rusty butter knife!

SslagleZ28

Dell owns Alienware... Neither's service is anything to be proud of. I left 3 messages for Alienware to call me back when there phones were backed up, they never called. When I did talk to someone they were rude and not helpful. I'll never buy from them again, even if someone threatens to castrate me with a rusty butter knife!

We know Dell owns Alienware thats the joke :D

Jet

VIP Member
The interesting thing is that now that I'm in the cost out division of a (large company), I see this topic in a whole different light.

Yes, I've always known that, in general, pre-built computer manufacturers are always looking for places to cut costs. However, I never realized just how big of an issue it is. Where we'd pay the extra $5 (or $.50) to have a slightly higher quality power supply, motherboard, you name it--they see that money as millions of dollars in extra profit.

So--who would I go with? Anyone who isn't big. The smaller they are, the less they are worrying about the extra $ they save, but rather delivering quality product and customer service that will get referrals they need to survive.