What is the MOST secure drive wipping method?

Drastik

I heard that it is the Gutmann method, but im not sure. Its takes a 3 and a half days or something with 35 passes
and i heard of the US department method

even with these techniques, isnt it still possible to retrieve data, even after using these methods with so many passes?
im just confused, because if the US department (certified) method (with 7 passes) is secure enough, why does the Gutmann method exist with 35 passes?

tlarkin

VIP Member
your still useless.
hijacking peoples threads with uselessness like "type google.com" must make you feel real accomplished, the highlight of your day huh, bless

No, let me extrapolate on why you got the answer you did from me, and I am not trying to be a dick, but I am also not going to do your research paper for you.

You never stated you were doing research, you were just asking a general question, which is broad and vague. I had no idea what you were looking for, other than the most secure way to destroy data, which is physically destroying the drive.

Then you call my answer useless, why you never provided enough information for me or anyone else to guess what the heck it was you were actually looking for.

If you were disposing of a HD, with HIPPA guidelines (which I have done in the past) you would physically destroy the hard drive.

So, how am I magically to know you are doing research for a school paper when you never mention it?