What is this 'coprocessor'

hawil

specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 4600+ 2.4Ghz
RAM: 1gb ddrII 800 kingston
MOBO: Asrock Alivenf7g-FullHD R1.0
Chip Type: GeForce 7050 PV / nForce 630a​

I can't seem to find the driver for this one. Anyone has encountered this? Maybe any of you can help. Thanks.

unledys.jpg

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
What computer is it? (Manufacturer and model number please)

Did you try right clicking and having Windows search automatically for a driver?

StrangleHold

Staff member
Haven't saw that in a long time. Its probably the northbridge chipset driver. Try installing it or updating it.

applemao

The coprocessor is the FPU (floating point unit)

Basically, it does a lot of mathematic computations.

Correct me if I am wrong.

-AM

hawil

What computer is it? (Manufacturer and model number please)

do you mean for the motherboard? if yes, wher can I find that manufacturer and model number?

Did you try right clicking and having Windows search automatically for a driver?

Haven't saw that in a long time. Its probably the northbridge chipset driver. Try installing it or updating it.

Already tried updating it but windows cannot find driver software for the device

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
do you mean for the motherboard? if yes, wher can I find that manufacturer and model number?

Is it prebuilt (Dell, Acer, etc.) or is it custom built?

I can't think of the program to pull that info off the motherboard. Anyone else know?

hawil

My pc is custom built. I have a link to the mobo

Code:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=ALiveNF7G-FullHD%20R1.0

as of now, it is not doing any problems but I should fix this because it may cause problems in the future.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
The coprocessor is the FPU (floating point unit)

Basically, it does a lot of mathematic computations.

Correct me if I am wrong.

-AM
FP coprocessors were used a long, long time ago, back in the 386/486 days and before. All modern processors these days do floating-point calculations themselves.

hawil

thanks for the link but it only installed the nvidia control panel but the 'coprocessor' is still outdated/no drivers intsalled.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Go to "Run",type "dxdiag" and click the "OK" button.
Under the "System Model:" you will see the number of your motherboard or at least the name and the number of you hardware system...

According to that what is written under the "System Model:" you can find the appropriate CHIPSET drivers...

StrangleHold

Staff member
Still pretty sure its a Nvidia chipset driver thats missing. Look in Device Manager and see if a PCI to ISA bridge is listed under System devices. Might have to unpack the Nvidia driver to find the right one.

kdfresh09

HAWIL, the co-processor is part of nvidias chipset, and may or may not allow hybrid sli if you use a dedicated nvidia gpu. in the bios of your motherboard you should be able to turn it on or off. you can also dedicate the co processor to physx, and have a dedicated gpu to do all the rendering. if you really need the driver, please let me know as i have one that should work great; i use it on my boards that have the co-processor or the nf 200 chip. i can email it to you. you can get at me; [email protected]

hawil

HAWIL, the co-processor is part of nvidias chipset, and may or may not allow hybrid sli if you use a dedicated nvidia gpu. in the bios of your motherboard you should be able to turn it on or off. you can also dedicate the co processor to physx, and have a dedicated gpu to do all the rendering. if you really need the driver, please let me know as i have one that should work great; i use it on my boards that have the co-processor or the nf 200 chip. i can email it to you. you can get at me; [email protected]

cool! someone that knows.
uhhhm, can you explain it more? a little more easy to understand:eek: If it's okay