What is your favorite place to buy PC Parts?

storp

I've used NewEgg quite a bit, followed by BestBuy, Tiger Direct and Microcenter.

Which is you favorite in terms of selection, price, and getting you what they claim to and on time?

doughnut445

I like tiger direct for big things, like tvs. But for all parts, I'm kind of a newegg snob. The only thing that I didnt like, was when I bought my most recent item, my motherboard, because i had just fried the old one. (overclocked it too much, Burned through the motherboard) but anyway, they had shipped it through ground fed ex. And i dont know if someone didnt get the memo that it was over night shipping, but a week and a half later I got it. I had called new egg and they apologized and sent me a free 500GB external HD. But to be honest... I have never heard of Microcenter...

storp

Microcenter - deals depending, like always, on what you happen to be after. http://www.microcenter.com/

I started steering away from Tiger Direct once I saw their prices rise above Newegg, some time back.

May or may not be true right now.

OvenMaster

VIP Member
For the past year or two, it seems that I get my best deals by shopping and comparing on Newegg but actually buying what I want from Amazon or B&H Photo. It's kinda hard to beat lowest prices, free shipping and hassle-free RMAs.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I used to be a big Newegg fan, but then realized I could get some items cheaper (and with free 2-day Prime shipping) from Amazon. So I check between both sites.

With my last purchase, I bought my motherboard and CPU from Newegg, and the CPU cooler and RAM from Amazon.

beers

Staff member
Probably more Amazon/MicroCenter these days.

I used to be pretty set on Newegg but they've slipped a lot/gone downhill over the years.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I used to be pretty set on Newegg but they've slipped a lot/gone downhill over the years.

Definitely this. Their website used to be nice and fast and these days it's VERY slow. And they have a lot of third party sellers these days.

spirit

Staff member
BT Shop or Novatech if buying whole builds or lots of parts at once - Amazon for the odd single part here and there. :)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Overclockers or Dabs is my choice,I avoid Amazon as their delivery's have always taken forever to get to me.