What make the laptop advance it's system time?

paulcheung

I have this Toshiba laptop, The system time keep going too fast. I have reset it many times and it keeping going fast. if it go slow I would say the battery dying, what can cause that. a virus? or is something else?
Thanks.

DMGrier

VIP Member
Are we talking the minutes or the hours? If it is your minutes going to fast then I would say a infection which you should run your anti virus and then the free trial from Malwarebytes. If it is only your hours check what the time zone is set at.

paulcheung

Did not check the bios, but in the right bottom of the screen where windows put it's time. it is hours fast. like 3 hours and minutes fast.

kony

Did not check the bios, but in the right bottom of the screen where windows put it's time. it is hours fast. like 3 hours and minutes fast.

Check how is it in the BIOS, it will tell us right away if it's a hardware or a software issue.

DMGrier

VIP Member
I have seen this numerous times, like said above by john check your time zone and ensure a MS server sync.

paulcheung

It is a windows 7 machine, It just happen recently like a week. It look like my partner use a program or went to some website that cause this problem. it is ok when I am using it, so I am very curious which program or website cause this.

Thanks