What makes the most difference

xxamdxx

I only want to upgrade my sound system, i have creative t5400's and i have a sound blaster audigy sound card, would it be better to get better speakers or a better sound card, i want something thats going to be a big difference

ckfordy

banned
I only want to upgrade my sound system, i have creative t5400's and i have a sound blaster audigy sound card, would it be better to get better speakers or a better sound card, i want something thats going to be a big difference

Your soundcard is still pretty good. I would just upgrade your speakers that will make the biggest difference. And down the road when you have more money you can get a better soundcard but for right now the biggest difference would be getting a new speaker system.

PC eye

banned
Hopefully you are running the Audigy 4 and not 2 if you are doing any serious gaming. The speakers are a little less to be desired there. A good Koss or Logitech setup would certainly improve sound quality there.

Ekim401

I would personally get a nice logitech system, they work great and even at maximum do not blow out :)

I am now a silver member lol

PC eye

banned
The Logitech 5.1 Surround sound system here has certainly done well for multimedia, video playback, monitoring video captures, and then add gaming to that.