What motherboard is this?

ecwfan305

I have a "Acer aspire am1641-u1521a" and it's not booting up. The fans and led turn on but nothing comes on the screen. The motherboard has two bulging capacitors. The chipset is "NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / nForce 620i" but i can't seem to figure out what's the motherboard model so I can buy a new one and try it out.

Gun

The fans and led turn on but nothing comes on the screen.

Do you have a dedicated graphics card? If not, it's probably the intergrated graphics that is the problem. If you don't have a dedicate card allready, pick up a cheap one just to test if it's the intergrated graphics or not.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I have a "Acer aspire am1641-u1521a" and it's not booting up. The fans and led turn on but nothing comes on the screen. The motherboard has two bulging capacitors. The chipset is "NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / nForce 620i" but i can't seem to figure out what's the motherboard model so I can buy a new one and try it out.

You won't be able to buy a new motherboard for it. You'll have to buy new motherboard and copy of windows. And hopefully the existing case connections will work on the new motherboard.

spirit

Staff member
Do you have a dedicated graphics card? If not, it's probably the intergrated graphics that is the problem. If you don't have a dedicate card allready, pick up a cheap one just to test if it's the intergrated graphics or not.

I think the 'bulging capacitors' bit in the first post kind of suggests that the board is toast. A new board and a copy of Windows will have to bought to replace this one, looks like an mATX board will be needed.

MineIQ1701

Seeing a Motherboard with bulging Capacitors is kinda like seeing an animal with a severe gunshot wound, it might survive given the proper attention, but it probably won't.

Last edited: