What motherboard is this?

Intel_man

VIP Member
well, its true. Same game, same settings, same everything else, higher FPS. Tested on TF2, Beamng.Drive, Euro Truck Sim, and a few others...
Well something doesn't add up. You're telling me that a processor that's on an older architecture, less clock speed, less cores is slower. I mean if it works for you, then it works for you, but as a technical standpoint, it makes no sense.

Well something doesn't add up. You're telling me that a processor that's on an older architecture, less clock speed, less cores is slower. I mean if it works for you, then it works for you, but as a technical standpoint, it makes no sense.
Theyre both quad cores, and the same clock speed, which is why it amazed me there was such a massive difference. Depending on game i saw a difference of 5FPS-15FPS (TF2 at the low end, BeamNg.Drive at the higher end). Ill agree with you its strange, but its what happened. The i7 may have been damaged, as it fried and took my power supply with it (or visa versa)

Intel_man

VIP Member
The i7 970 is not a quad. It's a hexa. Clock for clock, the 970 (gulftown) is suppose to be faster than your xeon (nehalem).

Again, i agree but for some reason it just isnt. Maybe the i7 was being bottle-necked by my GPU? Then it should have been closer, but thats my best guess...