What Motherboard To Buy?

dung1234

Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my motherboard or call it buying a new motherboard if there's a difference. The reason why I want to do this is because my current motherboard's maximum RAM size is 2gb and I want to have more RAM like 3 or 4gb. But I do not know what motherboard to buy that would work with all the other hardware that I've got because I only want to change the motherboard and buy new RAM. Please help me.

If you want me to post up about my system, please just let me know.

Thank You

dung1234

Here are the the specs

computer8.jpg

computer7.jpg

computer6.jpg

computer5.jpg

computer4.jpg

computer3.jpg

computer2.jpg

Computer.jpg

Computer9.jpg

Please help me to get a motherboard that would be able to take 4gb and my other hardware. The maximum that I can spend is £50, if that is possible.

Thank You

Aastii

VIP Member
What does that mean please?

If it suits your needs then you will need to find a socket 754 board, which you will have to buy a preowned of because they don't make them any more.

However, what daisymtc means is exactly what he said: It is outdated. I agree that you should save up and instead buy a new motherboard, memory and processor, buying a "new" motherbaord would not be cost effective at all.

IT doesn't have to be an all singing all dancing set, an AM2+ CPU, AthlonII x2 and 4GB DDR2 will cost you just over $200:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186165

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103688

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134747

dung1234

CAn I buy intel cpu? and if i buy them new stuff now what sockets and that would i need for it to fit my other hardware that i have? like hard drive graphics card and that?

Thank You

dung1234

As the person above told me that my mobo and other stuff are outdated so I am willing to change the whole thing like my mobo ram and cpu but i would like to keep the other hardware that i have got because i haven't got enough money to buy the other stuff. But is this change going to make my computer much faster than it is right now? or isit just going to be fast for a while and slow back down again?

I am looking to use my computer for music production and that.

I would spend 100 or if i have to then 150 pounds. please help me

Thank You

Aastii

VIP Member
CAn I buy intel cpu? and if i buy them new stuff now what sockets and that would i need for it to fit my other hardware that i have? like hard drive graphics card and that?

Thank You

Ofcourse you can buy Intel. The reason I put AMD up though is because it provides the best cost/perfromance ratio

As the person above told me that my mobo and other stuff are outdated so I am willing to change the whole thing like my mobo ram and cpu but i would like to keep the other hardware that i have got because i haven't got enough money to buy the other stuff. But is this change going to make my computer much faster than it is right now? or isit just going to be fast for a while and slow back down again?

I am looking to use my computer for music production and that.

I would spend 100 or if i have to then 150 pounds. please help me

Thank You

aah you are in UK.

Well if you already have Hard drive, CD drive and video card, the cost won't be too high. Is the video card AGP, PCI or PCI-e though?

look at your current motherboard and tell us which you have.

If you aren't gaming at all, it won't be a problem, however if you do light gaming, you will have to get a new video card should your current card be AGP, because AGP is very outdated and now motherboards only come with PCI and PCI-e

dung1234

I think my video card is pci or pci-e, but do you think it is possible if I install them intel stuff in like the motherboard and processor and install a Mac OS on it, do you think it would work because i heard that macs uses intel so i thought why wouldnt it work if i just install a mac os instead of windows os since that i am going to use my computer for music productions

dung1234

Also do you think I should buy DDR2 or DDR3 motherboard? and if I buy DDR2 or DDR3, I have to buy RAM that has the same type right?

Thank You

Aastii

VIP Member
I think my video card is pci or pci-e, but do you think it is possible if I install them intel stuff in like the motherboard and processor and install a Mac OS on it, do you think it would work because i heard that macs uses intel so i thought why wouldnt it work if i just install a mac os instead of windows os since that i am going to use my computer for music productions

Mac are picky with their drivers, if you don't have the exact same stuff that they use there won't be drivers for it so you can't use it. Stupid mac, if they made it so they had drivers for all I would pick up a copy of OSX, but screw getting a Mac just for it. It isn't the CPU you need to worry about it, it is the video card, all peripherals, all expansion cards etc that won't work

Also do you think I should buy DDR2 or DDR3 motherboard? and if I buy DDR2 or DDR3, I have to buy RAM that has the same type right?

Thank You

If you have the money to get a DDR3 board, go for it, it will be more future proof and faster than DDR2. The prices of the memory itself are pretty much equal between DDR2 and 3 at the moment, but for a decent DDR3 board, and CPU, generally they are more expensive, socket 1156 and 1333 are more expensive than Socket 775, AM3 is more expensive than AM2 or AM2+ CPU + mobo.

dung1234

I am going to post up some links of the items that i am planning to buy so please tell me if you think they are good, also my graphics card is gt9500 thats good right? And finally thank you for helping me through this i been waiting for years to change my motherboard but i didnt know how to until i got to know bout forum thank you

dung1234

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/CPUs+%2F+Processors/Intel/Core+2+Duo/Intel+Core+2+Duo+E7500+2.93GHz+%28Socket+775%29+%281066FSB%29+Processor+-+Retail+?productId=34749

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Motherboards/Socket+775+%28Intel%29/?p=cF9zdHlsZT1saXN0JnBfcHJvZHVjdHNQZXJQYWdlPSY=

And one of those DDR3 motherboards but I dont know which one to buy, I want the motherboard to be able to support the minimum of 4GB RAM. Please help me to pick a good one, the highest i could go is probably 90 or 100

Thank You

2048Megabytes

Your processor is decent. But I would look at Phenom II 925 Quad-Core Processor in my opinion. It is 30 pounds more but has more processing power than the Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 Processor.

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...cket+AM3)+Processor+-+Retail+?productId=38543

Intel motherboards aren't as good in quality as Gigabyte boards are. Take a look at the GIGABYTE Gigabyte GA-MA78LM-S2H motherboard. The Phenom II 925 Processor is compatible with the Gigabyte GA-MA78LM-S2H main board.

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...)+DDR2+Micro-ATX+Motherboard+?productId=38284

I would also get DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) RAM. It is faster than DDR2 800 or DDR2 667 memory.