Votes: 5 4.6%
  • FreeBSD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Linux/GNU source

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

_simon_

I've gone back to Ubuntu.

Decided against reinstalling openSUSE on my new build simply because of poor package management and no simple codec or plugin installation.

Ubuntu is a comfy place to be :)

tlarkin

VIP Member
I've gone back to Ubuntu.

Decided against reinstalling openSUSE on my new build simply because of poor package management and no simple codec or plugin installation.

Ubuntu is a comfy place to be :)

I am actually about to purchase a license to SLED, since from what I read it has a lot to it OpenSuSe doesn't. I think we actually may have a few licenses at work since we run novell netware servers, zen works, etc.

Open suse is actually not a product of novell, novell just tosses some money into it each year. Novell, is also new at the open source market, so I say that a lot of their technologies need polishing. I love the Yast control center, but it needs work, the add software package feature lacks several features, zen installer however nice, also needs some polishing.

I would say opensuse is not a bad OS, but its not great either, and it could be great if they got their act together. Or perhaps if novell did a bit more than just give money to their funding.

HumanMage

I run vista home premium 32 bit version. I was forced to on account of my laptop came pre-installed with it. But I like it, it truely is a very nice OS to look at and the games I play have not had performance hits because of it.

brinky2006

I run Windows XP and Vista Ultimate 64-Bit on my main pc (dual booted).
Windows 2003 on my server computer, mainly used for learning
Windows XP on my laptop
Windows 3.1 on a pc in my loft
Windows 98 on another pc in my loft

Adam

YSA

Windows XP Pro SP2. My software actually is Windows XP Pro SP1 but then it upgrades itself :)

I ever installed SuSE 10 last year but I had no idea how to deal with it. I am just a regular user not a programmer, I only can do click here and there --mouse is my best friend-- and not type any commands, thus I am back to Windows :p

What do you think of Windows Me? ;)

PabloTeK

I'm now running:

Main rig: XP Professional
Dell rig: Debian Etch (Might change to Ubuntu)
Laptop: XP Home (When I get it back)
eMach rig: Xubuntu 6.10

YSA

Ah jaa, for laptop I use "Win XP Home SP2 for ASUS" because it is a bonus software for my ASUS laptop ;)