What partition type ChromeOS needs?

Hello. I'm planning to install ChromeOS on a Chromebook (installed Windows Vista on it). Because I don't know, what type to format the drive to, I really need to know...

Best regards,
LinuxTester

DMGrier

VIP Member
Where are you getting chrome OS? I know their is ChromiumOS but have not heard of anyone getting their hands on chromeOS. The installer should format the drive during the installation process.

I'm going to download the iso for free from a website (I don't know which, yet) so.. yeah. I have researched the installation process but in any of all the steps I didn't see the installer to format the drive. I'm going to install it (As i said before) in a Chromebook that came with ChromeOS. A few months ago, I installed Windows Vista SP2 (Today I installed Win7... THEN I remembered this post! Is there a partition table (like MBR) or partition type (FAT, FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS) that I should use for installing ChromeOS? Which program should I use to format the drive? Thanks for reading.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Normally whenever you install any operating system (you should probably know this by now) that it formats the drive to whatever file format it needs.