What PC games are you most excited about?

EPeDeMiK

Mine are:
1. Half-Life 2
2. Doom III
3. S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadows of Chernobyl
4. Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines
5. PARIAH
6. Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault
7. F.E.A.R
8. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
9. Brothers in Arms
10. Dungeon Siege II

Games that are already out that I can't wait to play (once I get my new PC!):
1. Far Cry
2. Unreal Tournament 2004
3. Battlefield Vietnam
4. Joint Operations
5. SACRED

EPeDeMiK

I'm also excited about The Sims 2, Evil Genius, Rome: Total War, LOTR: The Battle for Middle Eath, Splinter Cell 3, and The Movies

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
HL2 isnt that great... it's got a long way to go to start to meet the level of FarCry ... let's just say a Ti4400 can run it nice and smoot.

Doom3 ... that's a game that will (a) choke a video card and (b) scare the life out of you.

STALKER is pretty damn kewl... at least the alpha was.

Dungeon Siege II ... HELL YA!

LOTR: The Battle for Middle Eath
I might have things mixed up ... but hasnt that game been out for almost a year now?

EPeDeMiK

I know that there is another LOTR RTS, but I can't remember the name...I know the new one is called "Battle for Middle Earth" though.

darkd3vil

not a big lotr fan and i gotta get a new video card before doom3 comes out cant wait, and also i want to play the moh series

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Doom3 is VERY impressive and you need a very aggressive hardware platform to play it. From my own estimations, anything short of a Radeon9600/GFX5700 will not be able to keep up with Doom3, medium details, no AA, no Ansio at 800x600. My Ti4600 is visibly slow and chokes to crap on certain maps (highest FPS: 20, lowest: -8).... not to mention the sheer terror you can experience if you play the game in the dark ... baddies growling at you... things coming out from the walls and floor 5 fee in front of you and most importantly .... 50 bullets left :p AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Blind_Arrow

Some New version of Age of Empires / Age of Mythology :) I have head about some out there, unfortunately I dont have time now (too much into design softwares), but still will play (cut down the sleep) from 4 hours to 2 ;)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard this is supposed to be the scariest game ever (Doom III)
Dunno about EVER ... thats a hell of a long time :p But it is certainly "up there" ... they did a good job.... as long as you give it a fair chance of scarin ya then the game wont dissappoint.

Some New version of Age of Empires / Age of Mythology
Played that for a bit... not bad ... I like the way the structures "snapped" into alignment and stuff.... not enough variety of stuff though IMO

(cut down the sleep) from 4 hours to 2
2.... that's an awful lot of sleep ... better be careful

EPeDeMiK

Praetor said:
Played that for a bit... not bad ... I like the way the structures "snapped" into alignment and stuff.... not enough variety of stuff though IMO

I never knew they had announced a sequel to Age of Empires or Mythology

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I know that it comes from the roman position (without having taken Latin), I did a lot of history stuff in highschool. I chose Praetor partially because I knew it would rouse a lot of questions as to where I got the name from heehee .... it's from an ultrapopular videogame circa 1997 (still a hot game now). No more hints. :p

EPeDeMiK

Yea, the Praetor is a political position in the Cursus Honorum (The Political Ladder), and I myself too, am I history buff!