What photo editing software do you guys use?

Which do you use?

• Photoshop

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Lightroom

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • GIMP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • picasa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • photoshop elements

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • other

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

spirit

Staff member
Photoshop Extended CS5.1 over here - used to use PaintShop Photo Pro X3 though.

Will be in an interesting poll.

mx344

thats the one i was missing, lol, i tried to remember the name of that one..
was paintshop limiting?

Fatback

VIP Member
I use Photoshop and Lightroom. I have CS5 on my laptop and CS4 on my desktop and Lightroom 2.3 on both. I use Lightroom for things like adjusting colors and exposure. Then use Photoshop for cloning things out, noise reduction, sharpening, etc. I also use Photoscape for a few things.

spirit

Staff member
thats the one i was missing, lol, i tried to remember the name of that one..
was paintshop limiting?

PaintShop is good for beginners but Photoshop is far better. PaintShop is very cheap though, it's worth buying if you're on a budget. There's more tutorials and support out there for Photoshop anyway it seems.

Dumb question: what's the difference between Lightroom and Photoshop?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
CS5 is all I really have experience with. I'm always learning something new to it though.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I recently nabbed a copy of CS6. I just haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

mx344

PaintShop is good for beginners but Photoshop is far better. PaintShop is very cheap though, it's worth buying if you're on a budget. There's more tutorials and support out there for Photoshop anyway it seems.

Dumb question: what's the difference between Lightroom and Photoshop?

Lightroom is more for the basic editing, no manipulation. Its a great for color correcting, sharpening, exposure, tone curve, contrast, just you basic stuff, its mainly for a quicker workflow, cause everything is on the right panel. I liked photoshop, but it took twice as long for an edit :eek:

its very similar to camera raw :)

Fatback

VIP Member
Lightroom is more for the basic editing, no manipulation. Its a great for color correcting, sharpening, exposure, tone curve, contrast, just you basic stuff, its mainly for a quicker workflow, cause everything is on the right panel. I liked photoshop, but it took twice as long for an edit :eek:

its very similar to camera raw :)

+1 Lightroom is great for workflow. It takes me 5 mins to do in Photoshop what I can do in Lightroom in 30 seconds.

speedyink

VIP Member
I tried to vote for photoshop and lightroom...apparently it's not a multi poll. I use Lightroom way more, but my vote came out for photoshop