What PSU should I get?

Krieger

So I'm a quarter of the way through my NZXT gaming PC build. So far I got the case which is an NZXT H510(non i) ATX mid tower and the motherboard is an NZXT N7 Z690 and I plan to get an i7 12th gen CPU & run it between 3 & 5 GHz. I'm planing to get a Notcua NH-U9S CPU cooler & RAM is DDR 4 32GB(2 16GB) Corsair Vengance 3600 MHz just installed onto the board currentily sitting in an anti static bag in its box till I get the CPU & cooler. Now I'm between two types of PSUs one is an 800 watt Apevia ATX-PR800W for $60 and the other is the NZXT C850. What PSU would be better or are they about the same in quality with mostly different prices because of branding? Ideally I'll like to go with the cheaper one since I'm already out over $500 in parts so far.

Krieger

Appevia units are junk,.don't even think about getting it. 800 watt units should be well over 100 bucks.
Looks like I'll be going with the NZXT C850 then. Its $150 after tax but its going to take over a month to ship out but it's probably worth it. Would hate to get something that is junk. NZXT seems to make decent quality components.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do you really have to buy NZXT psu? Just stay away from anything below 100 bucks. Look for brands such as Corsair, EVGA, Thermaltake, Coolermaster, etc.

LTT has a good tier chart for PSUs
They don't list prices but you can at least be sure what you get is good enough for whatever your tolerance is
Please just don't cheap out on one, a poorly made psu can die and take other parts of your machine with it