What psu to buy

iamsneaky13

I have a system picked out And am stuck on a psu. I have the phenom2 955, 2 radeon4870's, 2 hard drives, 1 ssd, the thermaltake bigwater liquid cooling system 6 gigs of ram. I am looking at the corsair hx850 Or the Hx1000. I don't know much about psu's but I want a high. Quality one. Any help is appreciated

Okedokey

The 1000W Corsair is actually 2 x 500W Corsair psus bolted together but is a remarkable piece of kit. The 850W is also amazing with over 80% efficient at all loads, 5 year warranty and slightly smaller than the 1000W.

I would get the 850W one as with 70A on the 12 V rail it will be loads.

Aastii

VIP Member
I have the 850W corsair PSU and it runs fine. My rig is only probably on about 60% load, yours would be on about 75-80% . It is always over 80% efficient, always cool and is very quiet and also comes with a 5 year warranty,so will last for a very long time. 850 would be enough for your system and the TX850 is actually able to run at 900W, it is officially rated 800-900W so they just smack the middle value on it, but I wouldn't want to run it at 900 for long, not that it wouldn't be able to handle it, just that it may end up getting fairly hot

smoothjk

850 watts on a Corsair unit is plenty. 1000 watts, in your case, would simply be for a bigger e-peen (and a lighter wallet).