What should I buy?

spanky

INTELCRAZY You should get A-Data. It is supposed to be a lot better than the corsair dominator series.

PC eye

banned
The Corsair xms series has always been noted for the gaming memory. As far as going with A-Data you would need to look into that more.

INTELCRAZY You should get A-Data. It is supposed to be a lot better than the corsair dominator series.

I hate A-Data, that stuff is cheap crap, sorry. As far as I'm concerned, that's for these ppl with P4 and Celeron processors that think they have the world's best computer, no offense intended.

PC eye

banned
Well that answered that question rather fast. :p The top three favored brands here are Kingston, Corsair, and OCZ. There you only have to decide between the Dominator or xms series memory for the 1066mhz memory supported.

Do you think the Dominator would OC to 890Mhz(445Mhz)? That is what I would need to get the E6850 to 4Ghz. I am really considering the 800Mhz Dominator....

Thanks

kof2000

Will it OC to that? I heard that the Micron D9 was replaced with ProMos and it cannot overclock for crap....

Thanks

the NON - dominator series are promos, those are all micron d9. it is overrated anyways unless you can actually overclock it to the said speed of others the cheap ones can overclock just as well.

the NON - dominator series are promos, those are all micron d9. it is overrated anyways unless you can actually overclock it to the said speed of others the cheap ones can overclock just as well.

Could I hit that little speed increase that I want?

kof2000

just need to change the timing a bit might not even need to change the voltage for dominators at that speed.

If I run 800Mhz Dominators, I should just set the timings to 5-5-5-15 2T? I should have to mess with the voltages, being it's at 5-5-5-15? I will see 890Mhz? Could I later adjust the timings to 5-5-5-12 and then back to 4-4-4-12?