What should i buy???

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Hey guys, i have the needed money so no budget info (lol)... what do you guys recommend, an Xbox 360 Premium bundle (2 controllers, 1 game & console bag) or a 20GB Playstation 3???

Thanks for any input...

spanky

I'm a sony fan and I think I would buy an xbox 360 over ps3. I haven't heard anything great about them. Maybe I haven't been listening enough? I'd buy a Wii before either of those though.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Depends on the games you wish to play. 360 is home to Halo 3 as well as Halo Wars, bioshock, Blue Dragon, Mass Effect, Splinter Cell 5, Project Gotham Racing and Forza, etc. PS3 is home to Final fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Killzone, Ratchet and Clank, Metal gear solid 4, Unreal Tournament and Gran Turismo.

Do a Google search for exclusives for them all. And Don't forget about PS3's motion sensing sixaxis controller!

Edit: I agree with the Wii! Great potential. :)

bigsaucybob

1. I am an Xbox 360 fanboy so naturally that is my first choice

2. I thought the 20GB version was discontinued because it wasn't selling very well, if your going to get a PS3 I think you should go all out and go for the premium version (60GB Version).

3. Also with the 360 you get the extra controllers and the game, that's a definite plus. One good game can last for quite a while.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
If you're going to get a PS3 do it quick! Get the 60gb version as it's down to $500. After all those are sold out they will release a single 80gb version and raise the price back up to $600.

bradyfan123

Depends on the games you wish to play. 360 is home to Halo 3 as well as Halo Wars, bioshock, Blue Dragon, Mass Effect, Splinter Cell 5, Project Gotham Racing and Forza, etc. PS3 is home to Final fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Killzone, Ratchet and Clank, Metal gear solid 4, Unreal Tournament and Gran Turismo.

Do a Google search for exclusives for them all. And Don't forget about PS3's motion sensing sixaxis controller!

Edit: I agree with the Wii! Great potential. :)

Nicely said. You should get a 360. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Unreal Tournament coming to the 360 also?..It's just the PS3 version is releasing earlier right?

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Nicely said. You should get a 360. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Unreal Tournament coming to the 360 also?..It's just the PS3 version is releasing earlier right?

My bad, you're right. I didn't realize it had been made multi-platform. ( not counting the PC of course ;))

4NGU$

VIP Member
i would go with the PS3 will last longer and has sooo much more to use in the future :)

Edit : the ps3 has metal gear 4 ...........

12-Gauge

Man the 360.
Its got Halo 3 !!!!
XDDD

Lol. You sound like a friend of mine who suddenly said to me the other day: "this is for Halo 3!!!!" and pointed at his 360. I still don't think he quite sees the irony in paying £280 + £40 to play one game :).

tommy25

I would go with the 360, very similar graphics, just depends what games you want to play. Fair bit cheaper as well

Geoff

VIP Member
I had the 360 and it was great, but I still preferred PC gaming. But if you're looking for a console, go with the 360.

12-Gauge

If you want something that is pretty much future proof for the next decade, get the PS3 (although you should, at least, go for the 60gig model). If you just want a games console and don't care for HD movies, go with the 360. Just don't expect it to last more than a year or two before it needs replacing.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Just don't expect it to last more than a year or two before it needs replacing.

QFT. And i agree with the statement that the PS3 will last longer. To see the future look to the past.

I got an idea buy both and a Wii. Hell it's doable. And then you won't have to look at MGS or H3 and sigh.

Bradan

dont get a ps3, the controller is retarded. no good games honest.

xbox has amazing games.

if you have a decent gaming pc i would get a wii, its so much fun.

if you smoke cigarettes and play it, it is definitely hilarious.

how did i get 565 posts on a computer forum... i feel like i have no life anymore