What should I upgrade???

Wofenstien21

Hello All,
About 5 and a half years ago i bought an AZZA desktop off of newegg at their black friday sale. It has worked great for me up until now. I am now playing recently put out games and i have to put all of my graphics on the lowest setting available or i cannot run the games at all. I am wondering what i should upgrade my graphics card with? here are the specs:
ACPIX64
Graphics: AMD Radeon R7 200 series
Drives: Toshiba Dt01ACA050 ATA
Processor: AMD FX 4300 quad core (four of them)

Wofenstien21

Around 900$. so you mean gutting it and updating everything? I am not tech savvy at all. Any suggestions of stores that would do that?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Its not that hard to build your pc, pretty simple actually. But if you don't want to do that then you are gonna have to configure one at cyberpowerpc or ibuypowerpc. You'll get more bang for your dollar if you build it yourself. What games do you play?

Agent Smith

You can always buy the parts and go to a reputable PC shop and have it built for around $100 or so dollars. With your budget you are looking at AMD. I would at least get a GTX 1060.

In second thought, looks like you could use Intel. Add OS and case, might be over budget, there's no price on the GPU, but Newegg says about $230. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/htsQQV

You could save money and drop the SSD drive and just use the Western Digital platter. If you do use the SSD, install your games on that and every thing else on the platter. Like downloads and Apps that don't need the speed. Depending on the game you may see a performance boost.

Last edited:

Wofenstien21

Mainly right now I play ARK: survival evolved and Rust. But I picked up tomb raider, Doom, and a few other newer games on the steam summer sales that my computer just plain wont run.