What software can i use to take over my mother's computer?

eem2am

Hi,
My mother's computer keeps doing updates.
Every time it does an update , it knocks out her printer.
I need to remotely take over her computer so i can try and get the printer back running again.
Do you know what software i can use for this?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Windows updates shouldn't be knocking the printer out. There is probably an underlying issue somewhere. However you can download teamviewer on both systems and then take control of hers.

DavidG

If you are both running windows 10 you can use Quick assist. Type Quick Assist in the start search box on both computers and follow the prompts. If she isn't using windows 10 use team viewer

Pupp

I had issues with my own printer (using it via WiFi), of going offline between uses (which might be weeks).
I can't remember how I solved it or what was causing it, but I was able to fix it. I think I gave the printer a static IP address. So start there if she's using it with WiFi. It was something I did, although I can't remember if it was that exact tweak that solved my issue. I do remember it wasn't a printer driver issue: that is, I had the most current printer drivers installed every time the issue cropped up. -I was pretty sure it started after a Sept/Oct cumulative update from Windows 10.