What temperature should E8400 Cores be?

jkcampbell730

I was reading somewhere that Coretemp is 10 C off so I decided to try another one and it's true. I just downloaded CoreTemp and RealTemp. CoreTemp reads 49 C and RealTemp reads 39 C.

Now the question is... Is CoreTemp off or RealTemp?

fortyways

banned
Probably both of them. Unless you installed your HSF wrong, or you're using the stock HSF in a particularly hot room with limited airflow in your case, it won't get that hot at idle.

The E8400 is known to have problems with its temp sensors. What does your BIOS say for the processor temp?

Knightsman

Should be a key you press when the computer boots up. Could be the delete key sometimes the F1 key. It should tell you at the motherboard Post screen.

jkcampbell730

I know how to GET to BIOS. I just don't remember where to look for temperatures. I saw it just a couple days ago and went back to look for it and was unsuccessful.

koOp

press delete or probably a function button, go to something like hardware monitor then there should be something like temperature, look in there it will tell ur cpu temp

jkcampbell730

BIOS read the core temp as being 10 C. Which is a far cry from 39 or 49 because nothing was loaded. So that makes me wonder which one would be more correct. I think RealTemp may be the more accurate.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Realtemp will be "most" accuracte. 10c is obviously not correct, i see a few people with that motherboard getting that temp from bios.

Its impossible to have your temp to be lower thant your room tempuature on air.

10*c is 50*F