What the crud is this wire for?!

ADE

banned
Ok this came with my Ethernet card. But what in the world is it????
DSCF0185.jpg

DSCF0184.jpg

DSCF0182.jpg

DSCF0181.jpg

DSCF0179.jpg

Any ideas?:confused:
Yes I know, there horrible picture I dont have time nor money to get a new Digital camra. Please try to make out of what it looks like.

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
It looks like a "wake up on lan" cable, which will turn your computer on or resume form standby if there is lan activity, so I hear.

ADE

banned
Hay does anyone make a PCI Ethernet card that works separate from the CPU? That way the CPU doesn't do the work? I thought there was one like that. Just don't know which one it is.

ADE

banned
I recommend a 3Com myself.

Whats a 3Com? PLuse looking aside from installing drivers (I only use D-Link so I'm used to it) Does the product itself seem like one I should get? (looking for a card that doent use CPU power as much) I dont care about installing drivers I been there done that tons of times. Is the NIC or what ever it is a good one for reducing CPU levels when using internet?

SirKenin

banned
That PARTICULAR one I haven't used. I still have nightmares about the 530.. :(

I know for sure that the 3com (that's a company that makes networking products) takes the load off the CPU. I really hope you consider one. You pay more for it but you get what you pay for, believe me. They're awesome.

ADE

banned
I have and am using the 530 and got it to work on the first day. What happond with you? And do you own one of them bad boys? (excuse the weird termanaligy) but Wow. Those are amazing and a bank buster....It'll just be one of those things that I'll never be able to get:( ...untill I can get a job :D

ADE

banned
do you mean I dont need the killer, or the one you had before? and still do you own the killer?