What the crud is this wire for?!

Geoff

VIP Member
do you mean I dont need the killer, or the one you had before? and still do you own the killer?

The "Killer NIC" costs $280, and the only major difference between that and regular NIC's, is that the Killer prioritizes game packets, so it allows for lower ping and quicker respone time during game play. It also has it's own processor, which takes the load off the CPU, so you may gain a few extra FPS.

In my opinion, i'ts very over rated, and before anyone considered buying it, I would wait for a professional review of it. And unless you have lots of money to waste, theres no significant difference between that and an ordinary $15 network card.

ADE

banned
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...............................So I should get the one in the second link? I don't really see where it says it works separate from the CPU thought.......

Geoff

VIP Member
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...............................So I should get the one in the second link? I don't really see where it says it works separate from the CPU thought.......

If you look on the "learn more" page, it says that it has it's own processor for networking.