what the hell is my IP ???

Sebouh

Which one is my IP address. I have a broadband connection with a network i use to enter internet( it is wireless).
I have an ip address for the LAN connection, i thought that was my ip. Then i found out that the connection to the internet had another one starting with the same number. Then i did a search on the web the site told me my ip, this time another ip which has nothing to do with the other both.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
This is ur WAN ip: 82.198.0.243 you LAN ip most likely starts as 192.168.<something>.<something>

kof2000

locally probably is 192.168.1.100 and so on but thats only if he's also running a router or something.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
ok if someone wants to contect me which ip does he use?
Depends. If they are on ur LAN then they use ur LAN ip. if they are not in ur LAN then they use ur WAN ip.

I have zone alarm which is supposed to make my ip invisible.but it doesnt.how do I do that if possible
1. Zone Alarm doesnt make ur IP invisible :p (and if you read, its only to the ZoneAlarm servers)
2. You do it the same way. Pretedn ZA isnt even there :)

what is a IP
(IP) The communications protocol used on Internet networks

JRitze

im new and the fourm i just came from would never so somthing like give out another members IP. I know it would be easy for some to find but??i don't mean to be an ass just new aroudn here

Praetor said:
This is ur WAN ip: 82.198.0.243 you LAN ip most likely starts as 192.168.<something>.<something>

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. There's a world of anonymity with dynamic IP
I know it would be easy for some to find
2. If its easy to find out .... and he hasnt managed to do it yet .... who are you criticizing?