What to do when no microphones seem to record on your computer?

andrewanimation

I have a very powerful computer, with 2 microphone holes (pink holes), one in the front, one in the back, but my microphone didn't seem capable of recording in any sound recorder program, so I bought a new mic, but, still, neither hole seems capable of recording in any sound recorder programs. They won't even start recording anything, because they don't sense any sound. What should I do to fix the issue?
Also, I don't know if this is related, but I can't find Sound Recorder on my computer anymore, and I checked everywhere it's supposed to be, even though I don't remember deleting it. It was giving me 'out of memory' errors anyway, which I researched and found out it tells you if you have 2GB+ of RAM, so it was useless for me anyway, but is there any way to get it back, in case it's related to my microphone problems?
Oh boy. I found that going to Run, and typing sndrec32 will get Sound Recorder open, but now hitting 'Record' doesn't do anything at all, except make the 'Stop' button highlighted and the 'Record' button unhighlighted, but the bar itself doesn't move, as if it isn't recording. What's the problem?

Last edited: