What To Upgrade.

CrayonMuncher

What would you upgrade from my sig rig first?

My Thoughts:

I only game at 1366*768 so the the gtx 260 does cover most everything well enough but I would like dx 11 support and it does need a bit more grunt for a few games.

The cpu needs an upgrade but then would it be worth getting a new mobo first for future proofing but I would like to see a more immediate increase in performance, as I cant buy both at once.

btw If nothing crazy happens between now and a month or so I may be looking to upgrade about then and I may be happy to buy from CF.

claptonman

I'd go for a new GPU first, because that'll play games better at high resolutions. The CPU is used more with lower resolutions, so if you can increase your video card and push it to 1080, your CPU will be used less. What is your budget for an upgrade?

CrayonMuncher

I'd go for a new GPU first, because that'll play games better at high resolutions. The CPU is used more with lower resolutions, so if you can increase your video card and push it to 1080, your CPU will be used less. What is your budget for an upgrade?

Not sure on my budget, gotta see if/when the money comes how much I have Im pretty sure I would be after the gtx 560, or at least in that area of performance.

Have you tried unlocking/overclocking that x3?

Yeah I tried no luck unfortunately, even tried a slight voltage bump too.