What type of monitor do you use? (120hz TN vs IPS)

I have an Envision 15" CRT :cool:

I actually find it's easier for me to work on the CRT than any of my flatscreen's. LCD or LED. But that's just me.

G80FTW

As of right now, a 50 inch Sony Bravia with 120hz.

Once I finish remodeling my room in a few months, I will be looking at a 60 inch LG or Samsung 120hz. I havent owned an actual PC monitor in years. Find it just as easy to use my TVs.

Jiniix

2x1920x1080 BenQ GL2460HM TN panels.
Also have a 21" 1680x1050 IPS from ViewSonic that I use for LANs. Much better for your eyes :)

C4C

Whatever monitor came with the family Dell Dimension 8300 back in 2004 hahah.. I think it's a 14" square.

Cyalume

Is it a good idea to get two separate monitors: one for browsing and general tasks, and one for gaming?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
It's personal preference. It comes down to that and how much you want to spend. I prefer having two monitors for multitasking but I don't have room on my desk at school for it.

Cyalume

Well, the reason I want two is because I was assuming that one is terrible at gaming, while the other is terrible at... everything else, due to light bleed and color reproduction. Multitasking would be a nice bonus. I sort of assumed it would be essential to have two due to their different purposes.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Nobody on this forum would invest in one crappy monitor only to use it side by side with an excellent monitor. When I have more available money, I'll be picking up a second 23" UltraSharp IPS panel.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
IPS panels have better color representation for photo editing, which is why I use them. I game on mine too, but they have an 8ms response time so for fast paced FPS you may see some lag and ghosting.