what would u choose? better video card or better processor????

better video card or better duo processor ??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Dell has give me the option to
upgrade from a
2.0 ghz duo processor to a
2.16 ghz duo processor

or

upgrade from a
256 nvidea geforce go7900 gs to a
256 nvidea geforce go7950 gxt

at no cost.

what i need to know is -

which one would most people choose??

would u go to the better graphics card or the better duo??

whcih one will really make my laptop more enhanced more noticably?????

Kornowski

VIP Member
If you use it for gaming I would chose the 7950, it's a little bit better than the 7900... I don't think a jump from 2GHZ to 2.16GHZ would be all that noticable...

nffc10

Like most people have said, you will hardly notice a difference in system speed by upgrading to a processor 160Mhz faster. So i think the 7950GTX is by far the better choice of the two.;)

Geoff

VIP Member
As everyone else has said, go with the better video card if gaming is your main use on the computer. And btw, it's a 7950GT, theres no such thing as a 7950GXT.

elitehacker

better video card or better duo processor ??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
whcih one will really make my laptop more enhanced more noticably?????

I would think that the graphics card will achieve that goal far better than just a merely 160Mhz increase in CPU clock speed.

maroon1

[-0MEGA-];677439 said:
As everyone else has said, go with the better video card if gaming is your main use on the computer. And btw, it's a 7950GT, theres no such thing as a 7950GXT.

And in laptops there is no such thing as 7950GT

I think he meant 7950GTX

ivo122

I would go for the video card as it would increase graphics quality and overall performance noticeably. If you do absolutely no gaming or movie watching on your computer then go for the processor, as they've said a jump of 160 mhz will not make a lot of difference.

Last edited:

dcb91

It's funny, this same question came up in this month's issue of Maximum PC. They were facing off one of the new quad cores Vs. a high end DX10 graphics card. They were trying to see which one would give you system the greaer edge, and the head-to-head resulted in a tie...

Iluvpenguins

Definitely the graphic card,if anything,you could oc your processor to get that 160mhz, the 7950GT will definitely give you a better perfomance over the 7900GS

elitehacker

Are they comparing a system with a Low end Quad core CPU and High end DX10 card with a High end quad CPU with a mid range DX10 card? And that resulted in a tie? What were they testing? Games or just raw processing power?