What would you do?

G25r8cer

I do not think so!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

If you don't mind be asking - why do you think they are slow???

You cant upgrade anything on them! Therefor they are alot slower than pc's. I used the new imac b/c our school has a bunch of them and I dont like them. They paid like $1300 for each of them and my pc cost half and is way faster then them. Macs are way too over-priced i think. But thats prob b/c of the OS. Mac OS i think is great but their pc's themselves are junk!!

Traceydog

Mac's Are Not Slow

g25racer, I don't care what you think, I know that they are more advanced and superior and are easier to rely on not stuffing up.

fortyways

banned
g25racer, I don't care what you think, I know that they are more advanced and superior and are easier to rely on not stuffing up.

I think it's funny when people try to prove that their opinion is more valid than someone else's by showcasing their superior grammar (since they have no valid arguments).

I think it's funnier when, as a result of not being used to typing correctly, they end up putting apostrophes where they do not belong. Take, for example, plural words, like Macs. I think it'd be funny if some smartass said "Mac's," don't you think that'd be funny?

Geoff

VIP Member
Macs are too slow!!

You cant upgrade anything on them! Therefor they are alot slower than pc's. I used the new imac b/c our school has a bunch of them and I dont like them. They paid like $1300 for each of them and my pc cost half and is way faster then them. Macs are way too over-priced i think. But thats prob b/c of the OS. Mac OS i think is great but their pc's themselves are junk!!
Seriously, you are the biggest idiot on this forum, I hope they ban you.

Mac's are not slow, they have Intel Core 2 Duo's, upwards of 4GB of RAM, and dedicated nVidia-based GPU's. And yes you can upgrade them, just as much as you can upgrade a PC Laptop.

daisymtc

IMO, Mac is not slow, but expensive. Like the $2500 Mac protlarkin suggesting, a similar spec laptop with windows is starting from $1500. I don't see the point of spending $2500 with Mac.

ASUS F8 Series F8Sn-C1 Intel Core 2 Duo T9300(2.50GHz) 14.1" Wide XGA+ 3GB Memory 320GB HDD DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS NoteBook $1500

iBUYPOWER CRZ-93-Plus Intel Core 2 Duo T9300(2.50GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA+ 4GB Memory 200GB HDD Dual layer DVD Burner NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT NoteBook - $1500

Is Mac OS really worth extra $1000?

tlarkin

VIP Member
IMO, Mac is not slow, but expensive. Like the $2500 Mac protlarkin suggesting, a similar spec laptop with windows is starting from $1500. I don't see the point of spending $2500 with Mac.

ASUS F8 Series F8Sn-C1 Intel Core 2 Duo T9300(2.50GHz) 14.1" Wide XGA+ 3GB Memory 320GB HDD DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS NoteBook $1500

iBUYPOWER CRZ-93-Plus Intel Core 2 Duo T9300(2.50GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA+ 4GB Memory 200GB HDD Dual layer DVD Burner NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT NoteBook - $1500

Here is the thing you are not seeing. It has an ambient light sensor with a back lit keyboard, no PC has that. That would easily up the price of any PC laptop at least $200. Then add in firewire 400 and 800, no PC laptop has FW800. A/B/G/N wifi built in, blue tooth built in. Oh yeah, and it is only 1" thick. Find me a PC that has all those specs and is only 1" thick.

Now, add in all the built in features from the software. You can out of the box, edit film, author a DVD, edit and create digital audio, author your audio into an album, plus everything else a windows PC can do out of the box.

You can't go to a Porsche dealer and expect to get a Porsche for the price of a Ford, because they are in different leagues. Same thing applies to a Mac, they are higher end, higher quality, with quality and artistic engineering behind them. They are in a different league.

daisymtc

Here is the thing you are not seeing. It has an ambient light sensor with a back lit keyboard, no PC has that. That would easily up the price of any PC laptop at least $200. Then add in firewire 400 and 800, no PC laptop has FW800. A/B/G/N wifi built in, blue tooth built in. Oh yeah, and it is only 1" thick. Find me a PC that has all those specs and is only 1" thick.

Now, add in all the built in features from the software. You can out of the box, edit film, author a DVD, edit and create digital audio, author your audio into an album, plus everything else a windows PC can do out of the box.

You can't go to a Porsche dealer and expect to get a Porsche for the price of a Ford, because they are in different leagues. Same thing applies to a Mac, they are higher end, higher quality, with quality and artistic engineering behind them. They are in a different league.

That is true, Mac pro provide a lot of addtional feature like fireware you mention. The point is how often will you use it? Even my destop with normal 1394, I only used it by once or twice...
Wireless A/B/G/N, how many ppl actually have router supporting N? May be here in uk, the technology is too slow, it haven't been become standard yet.
Also, the video/ film editing feature, this guy is a law student, will he do a lot video editing?

I understand you take ford/ Porsche as an example, may be I am just the kind of person look for value for money then brand loyalty, Plus when u going to uni, you don't want your expensive Mac Pro attract to theif. (I have friends got their laptop being stolen :( in uni)

tlarkin

VIP Member
That is true, Mac pro provide a lot of addtional feature like fireware you mention. The point is how often will you use it? Even my destop with normal 1394, I only used it by once or twice...
Wireless A/B/G/N, how many ppl actually have router supporting N? May be here in uk, the technology is too slow, it haven't been become standard yet.
Also, the video/ film editing feature, this guy is a law student, will he do a lot video editing?

I understand you take ford/ Porsche as an example, may be I am just the kind of person look for value for money then brand loyalty, Plus when u going to uni, you don't want your expensive Mac Pro attract to theif. (I have friends got their laptop being stolen :( in uni)

That is the thing, why buy a Porsche when you can go buy a ford and get by with half the cost? It is because you want a Porsche.

All my external hard drives are firewire for a few reasons, the main is because it is superior over USB. So, I use that a lot. I don't own any FW800 drives yet, but if I did, I could use them with out having to buy any third party hardware.

I can tell you right now that some law firms run complete mac networks. It is because they are more secure and easy to use and reliable. Of course not all law firms use them, but I do know some that do.

I also agree that it may be stolen but that is a risk you take with any laptop not just a Mac. You give a thief an opportunity to snatch it and they will.

I forgot to mention Apple offers students a discount on their products, so you will save some money off the price. I also recommend getting AppleCare as well because if it ever needs to be repaired out of warranty it pays for itself.

cohen

[-0MEGA-];945864 said:
Seriously, you are the biggest idiot on this forum, I hope they ban you.

Agree!

Mac's are not slow, they have Intel Core 2 Duo's, upwards of 4GB of RAM, and dedicated nVidia-based GPU's. And yes you can upgrade them, just as much as you can upgrade a PC Laptop.

Agree!

Mac comes with a lot of additional software and a lot more features than a PC.

Agree - The software that come with it is very good!

Agree!

That is the thing, why buy a Porsche when you can go buy a ford and get by with half the cost? It is because you want a Porsche.

All my external hard drives are firewire for a few reasons, the main is because it is superior over USB. So, I use that a lot. I don't own any FW800 drives yet, but if I did, I could use them with out having to buy any third party hardware.

I can tell you right now that some law firms run complete mac networks. It is because they are more secure and easy to use and reliable. Of course not all law firms use them, but I do know some that do.

I also agree that it may be stolen but that is a risk you take with any laptop not just a Mac. You give a thief an opportunity to snatch it and they will.

I forgot to mention Apple offers students a discount on their products, so you will save some money off the price. I also recommend getting AppleCare as well because if it ever needs to be repaired out of warranty it pays for itself.

Agree!