whats a good LCD

Fankango

I am looking in to buy a LCD monitor but i am not sure which one. If you have a LCD and you like it can you tell me what band. Thanks

adus

Designing

Hi everyone.

I just have a quick quastion about LCD monitors. I'm study webdesign and graphic design, but now I wanna buy a good monitor. Do you guys think if I buy an LCD monitor the picture what I'm designing is gonna be clean on the screen or bad, because I heard some of the peoples said: LCD is not good for the designers, but I'm not sure about the new ones... Thanks for you answers all.
Take care! Adam,
:confused:

Nephilim

VIP Member
I've two Acers - a 17" and 19" that I'm very happy with. They both give a good picture and have a 16ms response time so no ghosting during gaming. They're both on the lower end of the price spectrum but I was pleasantly surprised with both of them :)

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
If you want to use it for graphic design, then LCD won't be good for you. You'll see different colors if you look at it from different angles and it's almost impossible to calibrate the monitor.
My suggestion is to buy a high-end CRT monitor (it costs as much as a low-end LCD). In my opinion the LG Flatron F900P is one of the best monitors money can buy.

I almost forgot: CRT has no dead pixels, but the LCD has...

Last edited:

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
My suggestion is to buy a high-end CRT monitor (it costs as much as a low-end LCD).

Very true so it drives me nuts to see those LCD's so damn expensive! Computer noobs or just those with little know how dont realize they are not as good as crts because too many people think that if it's more expensive then it must be better.. hehe. I say the LCD's should drop in price.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
I say the LCD's should drop in price.
Agree. Also the image quality should increase. An LCD may look good on an office desk, but the LCD output is way far from the bright and colourful image of a CRT...

Fankango

do you think i shoudl get a new LCD or a video card. i don't need a video card but i would like a better picture but the LCD should give a me a little better picture right.

P.S. why am i asking because you don't know the specs to all my computer stuff but this are some strong pain kills so it seem like a good question. but if i am woundering why i am asking this question should i really be asking then bu... i will shut up now

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
do you think i shoudl get a new LCD or a video card. i don't need a video card but i would like a better picture but the LCD should give a me a little better picture right.

I dont know.. is there somthing wrong with what your using now? :)..if so then I recommend a nice crt monitor :)..

P.S. why am i asking because you don't know the specs to all my computer stuff but this are some strong pain kills so it seem like a good question. but if i am woundering why i am asking this question should i really be asking then bu... i will shut up now

really dont know what you meant to say there :).

Fankango

Blue said:
really dont know what you meant to say there :).

yea i throw out my back but i am better know. i have a 17 inch monitor that came with the computer and it works fine but i know the picture can be better. then withthe video card this will make the picture better with the monitor that i have now. really i guess it doesn't help asking so i will just have to decide on my own. but it is between a geforce 6800 gt or a 21 inch LCD. what is crt?

Echo_

Fankango said:
yea i throw out my back but i am better know. i have a 17 inch monitor that came with the computer and it works fine but i know the picture can be better. then withthe video card this will make the picture better with the monitor that i have now. really i guess it doesn't help asking so i will just have to decide on my own. but it is between a geforce 6800 gt or a 21 inch LCD. what is crt?

21 lcd?? wow thats gonna cost ya something

crt ijs prob what you have now for your comp.

they are cheaper and give you better picture when compared to the lower to mid range lcds. also no dead pixels.

uh if your playing games a lot but a better vid card (make sure it fits your mobo dunno if your new to computing but its just something im picking up) and get a nice crt