whats better ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe or DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert

jimmymac

VIP Member
checking the specs and comparing the two via newegg there doesnt seem to be a huge difference between them, other than on the ports side. Both using the same nvidia chipset. The difference i notice is $40 less for the Asus board.

I know a fair few will be fans of the DFI make and boards but personally i would go with the ASUS

TheChef

If you are hardcore overclocking get the Expert. It has so many features to help you get the best overclock you can. I had the DFI for a bit, loved it because I got an extra 1GHz on my Athlon 64 3000.

And in a month the board burnt out. Maybe I shouldn't have raised the voltage as much as I did...:) That's my stupidity, not the boards fault. DFI LanPartys are great boards.

If you don't plan on OCing don't worry about it, save the money.

m0nk3ys1ms

Both boards overclock very well. IMO, they are both very nice boards, but I'm going to go with jimmymac on this one and say get the ASUS A8N-SLI, and save your self some cash.

trouzourt

get the dfi.. i owned both of the boards.. dfi is faster load, more options, more easy clocking.. better layout on the board... dfi is better.. then again.. it could be cause I f'ing hate the asus board for crapping out on me 1 day after warranty was done!!!!!

m0nk3ys1ms

get the dfi.. i owned both of the boards.. dfi is faster load, more options, more easy clocking.. better layout on the board... dfi is better.. then again.. it could be cause I f'ing hate the asus board for crapping out on me 1 day after warranty was done!!!!!

:rolleyes: Look at the post date....

Mafesto

if you go for the Asus A8N deluxe, find the version that has the passive heatpipe for the chipset, the version I bought had the tiny heatsink/fan which made way to much of a whining noise after a few months and finally died. so if you do pick that version, buy yourself something to replace the weak chipset fan.

cheers,