What's going on with my phone?

tech explorer

From time to time my phone experiences bursts of speed in downloading that I'm unable to explain why.

It happened again last night. There's this 32-minute file that at turtle speed can only get up to 13% download completion. This morning, at superspeed (meaning jumps of 2% - 3%), it got all the way up to 85% completion before cutting out on the downloading. Decided to restart my phone to refresh my phone. Right after the phone restarted, I lost superspeed. Also Mini Opera stopped working, e.g. before going into a website, I'm supposed to get a menu offering me the choice between my native web browser and Mini Opera which isn't happening now.

JasonPDK

Are you downloading using Opera Mini? If so try uninstalling it and then re-installing. Also, try using a different browser and see if the same thing happens.

Also, are you using mobile data or WiFi?

tech explorer

I've tried everything suggested except switching browsers.

The real question is why does my phone go into superspeed mode while being throttled at the same time? (btw if my phone were unthrottled, it'd be about as fast as superspeed - will have to wait until the 18th to find out). Had assumed that Cricket's work on the towers had something to do with superspeed (which preceded Opera Mini), but that assumption is wrong since restarting the phone had the effects as described. Will have to try switching web browsers again - will try UCWeb as a technical rep suggested that one to me. Let's see what happens.