What's not quite right

Young Simmo

I have 3,500 e-mails in my inbox and want to lighten up, but when I try to delete say a block of 30 or 40 I get this message. upload_2017-7-24_11-4-42.pngWhat can I do so that I can get back to say 100 e-mails?

Young Simmo

I was hoping for an answer to my problem, also millions of people use Windows live mail. I am using Windows live mail because the Windows 10 mail was a shambles when I first got it. Is there a clear easy to understand page somewhere to learn Windows 10 mail?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Literally every post you've made in the last year is about your email and Windows Live Mail.

Don't use garbage software *cough* Windows Live Mail *cough*.

Use something like Mozilla Thunderbird. I don't know how many times we need to tell you that.

also millions of people use Windows live mail.
That's because those millions of people are just like you and don't know any better.

Young Simmo

I came here for help not abuse, seeing as you must be a share holder in Mozilla, I'll go somewhere else with less bias, Whoo-Roo.

Darren

Staff member
I came here for help not abuse, seeing as you must be a share holder in Mozilla, I'll go somewhere else with less bias, Whoo-Roo.
This isn't abuse. You're literally asking us why you car isn't moving when you keep putting tires on it with holes in them. It's old software. It is out of date. Replace it. The amount of effort into transitioning to a replacement software is going to be nothing compared to all the troubles you have with Live Mail.

EM Client is easy to use and looks very similar to Live Mail.

http://www.emclient.com/

strollin

WLM garbage software? I used Windows Live Mail for many years and really liked it until about a year ago when MS changed the protocol that it used for Hotmail/Outlook and refused to update WLM to support it. I switched to Thunderbird at that point. IMO, Thunderbird isn't as good as WLM but it works sufficiently well and I haven't found a better alternative. I tried EM Client and didn't like it at all. I can't stand the mail app that comes with Windows 10.

If MS announced an update to WLM in order to support Hotmail again, I would switch back to WLM in a heartbeat. Never had any problems with WLM and Hotmail. I've been using Hotmail as my main personal email for around 20 years and it has never failed me. I have a gmail account but can't stand gmail and don't understand why it's so popular. My ISP provides me with an email account also but I never use it except to communicate with my ISP.

Don't have any advice for the OP regarding the issue being encountered other than to try an uninstall/re-install.

beers

Staff member
Do you get the same behavior if you move a large chunk of messages into a new folder and then delete the folder?