What's so bad about Windows Vista?

spirit

Staff member
Thanks.

Just to add something else: I also ran Vista and 7 on the same hardware on an older machine with a Core 2 Quad Q8300, 4GB of DDR2 and a HDD for a little while. Again, 7 felt faster (and this time it was a dual boot, so both were installed at the same time).

Okedokey

Spirit all the qualitative and quantitative information shows that vista is slower... its astonishing that anyone would think otherwise.

spirit

Staff member
Spirit all the qualitative and quantitative information shows that vista is slower... its astonishing that anyone would think otherwise.

Yeah exactly. It's beyond me why anybody would think otherwise.

I know we all say 'the boot up time is irrelevant' but that is the most obvious sign that Vista is slow. It takes an age to boot - even on an SSD (in comparison to 7 and 8). And the boot time is the thing which most users notice first. They're always trying to find ways to make Windows boot quicker.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
I'm not saying that Vista is the worst OS in the world, but really it has some flaws and I don't know why you'd still want to run it everyday today when 7 and 8.1 are much better operating systems.

You are right.Windows Vista is not the worst.
Windows Millennium is xD! :D
I remember that each time I would boot up Windows ME in the past,the damn scan disk process would start for no reason roflmao! :p

Windows ME = Windows Miserable Edition :D
Windows ME = Windows Mistake Edition :D
Windows ME = Windows Multiple Errors :D

...its astonishing that anyone would think otherwise.

You would not believe how many people say that Vista is faster lol.
But all those who say that never tryed Windows 7 or 8 anyway lol.So who cares what they think and say lol.

DMGrier

VIP Member
Spirit, thanks for the response and as said above well said. I really don't remember Vista as I don't have a computer running Vista since probably 2008. I recently acquired a seven year old hp laptop running Vista and instead of doing a fresh install of Vista I just put on Edubuntu and gave the computer to my son. I do agree vista is dead as it has less then 5% market share and personally if I got a machine running Vista I would probably throw 8 on the computer.

spirit

Staff member
Spirit, thanks for the response and as said above well said. I really don't remember Vista as I don't have a computer running Vista since probably 2008. I recently acquired a seven year old hp laptop running Vista and instead of doing a fresh install of Vista I just put on Edubuntu and gave the computer to my son. I do agree vista is dead as it has less then 5% market share and personally if I got a machine running Vista I would probably throw 8 on the computer.

Yeah the last time I used Vista as my primary OS was briefly back in December 2011 (as described above) and I didn't use it for very long before realising that I should go back to 7. Can't even remember why I got rid of 7 and put Vista back on in the first place, but there you go...