whats the difference?

SuperDuperMe

heya all just wondering what is the actual difference between vista OS's

i have home premium and my gf had home basic but i cant tell what the difference is :/

SuperDuperMe

that interesteing thanks voyager

and cameldude, i am beyond skint windows 7 just isnt feasible for me atm

but qeustion about windows 7? does it use more or less resources than vista? just wondering as iv heard vista is a bitch for taking up ram, cpu etc

Aastii

VIP Member
that interesteing thanks voyager

and cameldude, i am beyond skint windows 7 just isnt feasible for me atm

but qeustion about windows 7? does it use more or less resources than vista? just wondering as iv heard vista is a bitch for taking up ram, cpu etc

Windows 7 will work better on lower end hardware, however it isn't necessarily down to it using resources better, it just uses them differently to Vista.

People assume Vista is a resource hog because it requires and uses more than XP does, failing to use a little sliver of common sense and realise that technology and the average home computer's power has increased dramatically since the release of XP. Because it wasn't the required specs they were used to, it must be bad, you know because the days when 64KB of member were the days of the best and most efficient operating systems...

Vista reserves resources, which is another reason people said it was a resource hog, because idle it would be using what appeared to be substantial amounts of, for instance, memory, but when you actually opened a program, the amount of memory used wouldn't go up by much, but the program would be loading much faster.

7 doesn't do that so much, so programs don't load quicker than Vista, but you always have more "free" resources

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Just a question.Why do you use Microsoft Windows Vista operating system anyway?I mean Vista is great to me,but why did you decide to use Vista? :D

SuperDuperMe

sorry fo rthe belated reply lol, didnt even see this :p, i got it for basicaly free with my computer :D

the comp in my sig and full OS with key unused for £150