What's the issue here?

T-Wrecks

So today, I bought a USB-C hub, with the idea that I can somehow connect, say a wired USB keyboard, etc, for all using concurrently. They work with the little USB-C to regular USB adaptor that goes into the port on my phone, if you connect things that way. However, only one device can obviously be plugged in that way. Then I tried it with a wired mouse and it was fine. But nothing works through the hub itself.

The hub connects with USB-C too, but there's ports for other devices with different fittings. I plugged in my stuff. It doesn't work at all.

The idea was to turn my Android phone into a browser, with a simulator from the Google Play store. I installed Linus Mint. It's okay, but the interface doesn't suit a phone's relatively small screen. But I don't get why this hub ain't working.

T-Wrecks

I think I figured out the issue.

Devices only work with Bluetooth. This is because while the hub has the right size of USB ports, the end for the phone is USB-C. But you can plug in receivers.

There's apps to turn another phone or whatever, into a keyboard and mouse for pairing with other devices. I use one called Mocha Mouse, but there's a bit of a pause after 5 minutes.

Darren

Staff member
Very likely because your phone can't push enough power to the hub, but Bluetooth requires very little actual power to work.