What's the maximum Vista 32-bit can currently handle?

Daniel A-S

Hi.

I'm looking into a new PC with 6gb of Ram, I remember Vista only taking up to 2gb at one point, but then there was an update.

I just wondered what they're up now? I don't want a 64-bit version of Vista as I heard a lot of software does not work on it, however I do a lot of video editing and need a good amount of Ram.

tnx,
Dan.

sup2jzgte

I went from XP to Vista Ultimate and I LOVE IT and have not had a single compatibility issue. For a 32 bit system 3 would be fine considering it can only use 3.25

ScOuT

VIP Member
I don't want a 64-bit version of Vista as I heard a lot of software does not work on it, however I do a lot of video editing and need a good amount of Ram.

That's not true at all...I have been running Vista 64bit on two computers and never had a software issue. I think it's the best version of Windows yet. You will need a lot of RAM for video editing...64bit Vista would be perfect for you;)

laznz1

A 32 bit system of any description will take a max of approx 3.5gigs or RAM
64 bit take up to 128 i think

Med!c

64-bit is just fine. There really isn't a compatibility issue anymore. But I do remember how shitty 64-bit vista was back when it just had come out.

IvanK

64-bit is just fine. There really isn't a compatibility issue anymore. But I do remember how shitty 64-bit vista was back when it just had come out.

But the problem is if your processor support x64...haha:D

Why you say it was shitty?