what's with PDA 's

What is the story with PDAs? what should one look for?

I was thinking of writing some new pages for my web site in notepad (or whatever) at work and transfer to my main computer at home, then upload them to the web site.

I wonder what else one can do with it, I went into Dork Smith five minutes before closing tonight but they were useless (as normal).

Last edited:
I use my PDA for everything- I keep track of my homework in it, I keep my appointments in the calendar, I know how Skype for Pocket PC on it, of course a few games, Pocket Word, Pocket Excel, and lots more. It's literally just a miniature computer...you can do [just about] anything with it.

Cile

i dont havena pda, but i used to, it was a zire 71, pretty nice. one of the funnest things to do with them it download a remote control program and go to the mall and turn off tvs; its great fun lol

Geoff

VIP Member
I used to have the HP iPaq pocket PC, there great but i didnt think it was worth it for me. Some of the new ones now have wifi, and allow you to check your mail and im with it.

Cile

ya, i am plnning to buy a sony clie ux50 and it has wifi... im looking forward to getting it... google it to find out more info on it

Geoff

VIP Member
When i had my iPaq, it frequently lost the signal when i was right next to the router, but they were just realeased. They may have the bugs worked out now.

BTW, do they have a sort of "microsoft update" for Pocket PC's?

lee101

VIP Member
I have a palm z22, it is really basic and small but i really like it, it has everything i need, for making notes and writing ideas down, although unfortunately it hasn't got a memory card slot, which when i bought it i thought i wouldn't need, but it owuld be useful

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I used to have a PDA. It's a fun little toy! You can play games on it, listen to MP3s and such. During school, I typed all my notes on it, and even loaded one of my books onto it for a class. I finally sold it though because I mostly typed on it and wanted something a bit better(IE my laptop) but I do miss it. Dad recently let me use his old Palm, but it's just not the same as a nice, new PDA :p

celsdogg

plus you can watch movies on it and stuff. it really impresses the ladies (and everyone else pretty much) at school. ;)

LaptopExtreme

VIP Member
It's a great tool for an Airplane too. With Avantgo and other saved webpages for reading, music and movies is nice in such a small device. Great when sitting on the crapper too. :p

computerhakk

VIP Member
Palm Zire 72.
Sony Clie TJ-37.

They are great!

You can use them for:
Internet
Music
Games
Calendar
Organization
Reading/Writing word documents
Drawing
Storing passwords
Taking pictures
Taking videos
Calculator
Dial out phone numbers with existing bluetooth phone
Keep track of your expenses
Write memos
Record voice memos
Store your personal info
Save/Store web pages
View powerpoint slides, excel

It's practically endless... you just need the appropriate software.
It's like a mini computer without the startup wait and load times. Touch screen, much easier to navigate. Portable, lightweight.

what else can i say..

Geoff

VIP Member
Would you say that paying ~$150 for a new RX1955 is a good choice? I can get one on eBay for around that price.

Cile

another fun thing to do with pdas is downloading little animation programs. they are very basic and simple, but they are quite fun and people are impressed by them

palmmann

banned
Cile said:
another fun thing to do with pdas is downloading little animation programs. they are very basic and simple, but they are quite fun and people are impressed by them
like what? it would impress them more with tcpmp, full movies and tv shows, and it looks DAMN good :D

palmmann

banned
The_Other_One said:
Check out my awsome PDA!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/theotherone/Compy/TRG_PDA.jpg

Hehe, I just got this from dad for some basic PIM functions. I don't know if I'll use it much or not, we'll see. It's neat though. Not nearly as fun as my old PDA, though...
it's a palm III with a different label. awesome, didn't know anyone still used them! it's all you need if you want the pims though. if you have the serial cradle, you can try this