What's your favorite webhosting company?

CrazyMike

Hey,

I'm starting to get into creating websites (still learning how). I have a few friends that own their own company that will need a website. My question is: What are really good webhosting companies out there?

So far i have found a few very popular ones (godaddy.com, hostgator.com ect.). I just want to get other people's opinion on what not only is best bang for your buck, but also which offers the most features and is incredibly reliable.

Thanks for your help.

Ankur

I haven't used any of them, but for hosting hostgator is most popular and have a good price. I use Indian hosting services like znetindia.com
I think if you choose any of the top 10 hosting companies in your country then it will give you a good service and speed for website.

Kesava

HostGator!

I always come back to HostGator no matter what host I try. Their support is amazing and their features are about on par with most other hosts. They're not exactly a budget host, but I definitely trust them.

In face, although I run my own web hosting company, I keep my company's website on HostGator so if my server goes down (100% uptime with cloud hosting, but you never know) my company website will still stay up.

You definitely won't regret it, but I would recommend checking out http://www.webhostingtalk.com for reviews and recommendations. You usually can't trust any lists that talk about the top 10 hosts. Most of the time they are ranked in terms of what the reviewer gets in affiliate commission. And the rest of the time it is not accurate anyway.

If HostGator is too expensive, you can give ForzaHost.com a try. They are a smaller company but I use their hosting as well and they're pretty reliable.

Punk

Staff member
I used to pay for 500GB in Hostingplex.com. Haven't checked since I stopped making websites :)

CrazyMike

I have been looking around and yes, HostGator is the most recommended.

I seen on some websites that GoDaddy was a supporter of SOPA, this true?

I'm creating a website for my sister and am looking for a host with many options, good support, and a decent price. For HostGator i believe it works out to be around $95/yr. Which technically isn't all that bad, just was hoping for slight cheaper. Although the hosts that offer cheaper, don't get good reviews.

Kesava

I have been looking around and yes, HostGator is the most recommended.

I seen on some websites that GoDaddy was a supporter of SOPA, this true?

I'm creating a website for my sister and am looking for a host with many options, good support, and a decent price. For HostGator i believe it works out to be around $95/yr. Which technically isn't all that bad, just was hoping for slight cheaper. Although the hosts that offer cheaper, don't get good reviews.

I would definitely recommend HostGator.

GoDaddy *was* an official supporter of SOPA until their customers transferred tens of thousands of domains away from them in protest...

If you're looking for something cheaper than HostGator, I run a small hosting company, the link to which is in my sig. I'm already hosting a few CF members and I'm sure that Noah (troncoso), Bobby (NyxCharon) and Mihir will be able to tell you how happy they are. ( if not then they'll be getting some surprise suspensions :D )

While HostGator might offer (sort of) unlimited space and bandwidth, a small active website isn't really going to need much. In fact my most active website could run on my smallest hosting plan. All the other features are there such as cPanel and it is cloud hosting so you will get 100% uptime.

Troncoso

VIP Member
I would definitely recommend HostGator.

GoDaddy *was* an official supporter of SOPA until their customers transferred tens of thousands of domains away from them in protest...

If you're looking for something cheaper than HostGator, I run a small hosting company, the link to which is in my sig. I'm already hosting a few CF members and I'm sure that Noah (troncoso), Bobby (NyxCharon) and Mihir will be able to tell you how happy they are. ( if not then they'll be getting some surprise suspensions :D )

While HostGator might offer (sort of) unlimited space and bandwidth, a small active website isn't really going to need much. In fact my most active website could run on my smallest hosting plan. All the other features are there such as cPanel and it is cloud hosting so you will get 100% uptime.

I'll be the first to vouch for Kesava. His hosting plan is really affordable and I've never had an issues with the hosting. Like he says, if you are just doing a personal site that isn't massive, the cheapest plan will be more than enough. You can check out my site in my sig as an example.

sAiyAnstAr

I have been using HostGator for a few years now and can honestly say that they are awesome. I haven't used any other paid hosting because I haven't had a need to.

They are cheap, reliable and have excellent support. I had an issue when I upgraded my plan from one to another, and they provided me with A+++ support. They even followed-up with me after a week to ensure things were going well.

If you are looking to only run a small site, then free hosting is probably the best option. If you want reliability, with support and a x% up-time guarantee, then go with paid hosting.

I have a reseller account with HostGator, so if you want to give it a go and see if it suits you, I can create a test account for you to trial for a few weeks and see if you like it. Otherwise, give Kesava's hosting a go. I live in Australia and I loaded up Troncoso's page up pretty quickly.

Kesava

I have a reseller account with HostGator, so if you want to give it a go and see if it suits you, I can create a test account for you to trial for a few weeks and see if you like it. Otherwise, give Kesava's hosting a go. I live in Australia and I loaded up Troncoso's page up pretty quickly.

Yes HostGator is definitely my best recommendation. I love their support staff and the timeliness of replies even from the higher ups. And there is rarely downtime.

My host is currently running on Cloud Hosting so it has 100% uptime and the only downtime was when server upgrades were going on and that was under 30 minutes. I've also got a nightly offsite backup system so everything is nice and safe.

If anyone wants a trial I can also set you up with a temporary cpanel account :)

Around 40 percent of my clients are CF members.

You can check out the website at http://kuzhost.com

Ultimately I'm running this as more of a friendly thing than a business, so I'm open to any custom plans or requests. However don't think that this means lesser quality. It's cloud hosting and has a far better offsite backup system than HostGator, since their backups are weekly, not nightly and you have to pay $15 to restore one of their backups, whereas I don't charge.

webadvisor

My favorite web hosting company is CloudClaim.com

I have been with cloudclaim and I am satisfied with their service. No downtime and good security. They come up with fair cloud hosting, reseller hosting, vps hosting discounts.
cloudclaim.com are reliable & consistent too, you can surely go for them :) :)
they provide the most popular plan : Cloud Hosting Service at $1.49/month only

Last edited: