Whats your opinion

dmsee

hey i just wanted to hear a comments about new free spyware version from microsoft

is it good??

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if its any good, but I would think it has to be. windows is so prone to spyware the MS tool has to be able to get rid of a lot of stuff or it was a waste to develop, I know MS develops a lot of garbage (WinME anyone? :)) this is one area I think they would want to not screw up the most.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Regardless of whether it is good or not, it's a commendable attempt by microsoft. Naturally Microsoft, almost by definition cant be "good" simply because they have to make their applications "user friendly" (hence their cute versus useful approach with WindowsXP)

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Verrona said:
Didn't know that they had released anything like that. Expect bugs

Microsoft AntiSpyware Version: 1.0.501 (Beta 1)

I have it on another (less important ..;)) computer.

Of course there are bugs, but I love to be the one finding them!

So far so good. The interface is, just like praetor imagined: "user friendly". Has real time protection and all the scan options we are used to with other adware/spyware programs.

I kinda like a "privacy tools" option they have in the advanced tools. It is called tracks eraser and everything from my goole toolbar history to Adobe Acrobat reader history and regedit search history to Visual Basic 6.0 Recent Files can be deleted. It is not a new concept, but they have taken it a step further.

red onion

I have it installed. I use Firefox, so it did not find much ;) , but then neither do the others spyware apps.
I think the Microsoft name will give it some authenticity, and it will attract a large base of users.
The interface was pretty good, and it was easy to use.
I would recommend it if you use IE, especially if you have no other spyware apps installed.

The-Llamalizer

I just got. It looks nice, but, already having adaware, and this being much slower, I really don't see the need. But, 2 scanning programs is better than one. Twice the coverage. I guess I like it.

Verrona

I have now downloaded it, just installin it.................................

It is user friendly, n it is good it has found Spyware that even Adware hasn't.