Whats your Super PI score?

If i could find an old Socket 7 cpu i could run it, i have a mobo for it. Anyone remember the old Monorail all in one PCs? Thats what it came out of, very good computers, mine worked all the way up until few months ago when i tore it to the bare bones and played with it.

Or maybe just major underclocking? LOL.

Ku-sama

banned
wait! i found an 3086!!! if only i had a motherboard, i could show you that 30+ minuets is easibly attainable

Ku-sama

banned
pfft, n00bs..... lol, but i broke down to 28 seconds.... just gotta work with it again (BSOD issue just fixed, its BSOD'd before i could save a screenie)

Well, i couldnt lower my fsb under 200mhz, so i just lowered the multi to x4. Then i lowered my HTT to 1x, which pry wont effect Pi, but oh well. Basically i attempted to make my computer as slow as possible. Running 800mhz core speed and 400mhz HTT, my computer still kept on. I opened 2 games, had both of them to where the levels were loaded and ready for play, then i opened up Folding@Home, set it to use 100% CPU, though it will only use one core, so that wont load it but 50%, then i opened up dreamweaver, why i dont know, figured it would take a few % or so. Then i started Pi and as soon as it started i clicked on NFSMW and started playing while it was calculating. I must say, for 800mhz, another game running, one core at full load, another one at more then half load, it kept a good fps : ). So then about in the middle i switched to the other game, didnt take but maybe 20-30 secs to get it all loaded up and ready, played it for a while then check Pi and it was done. I tried to make my rig as slow as possible and i still got a better time then my schools computers : (. Here ya go:

Archangel

VIP Member
what to you think... would a Pentium 75 (MHz) with 16Mb of RAM do long on it? ^^ i could dig my old pc up for that again :)

lol, i tried, but thats as slow as she goes. Its pretty sad really, that even with all that running at the same time, my schools 2.8ghz P4s cant even keep up.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if we want long times I suppose I could break out the cycle eater and pull about a >30min run on a Core Duo

bamhm182

My mom's takes 3 minutes and 8 seconds><, I'll post mine when I can. I bet my old dell would take a few hours, lol, or at least 10 minutes.

Pr0

Let me see if i can find intel celeron 800mhz or lower then do the superpi see if i can get it to finish for 2 hours w/1m:D

That still majorly smokes my schools dells lol.

Here we go, got this while both cores were running 100% : ).

Last edited: