When burning at high speeds, things go horribly wrong!

The VCR King

Alright, I am one of those people who is really into audio equipment. I have a few stereos, two CD changers, some stereo receivers, and enough subwoofers to restock a RadioShack. I like to burn heavy bass music from my iTunes library, and I use my computer's CD burner more than any person should. I might burn up to three different mix CDs every week, as I sometimes give my discs to friends and family.

Anyways, I use my Samsung BD-ROM drive, and it can burn CDs up to 40x. If I burn an audio CD at a medium-ish speed, like 24 or 30x, it will play in my disc players flawlessly. If I burn the disc at any speed above 32x, it will tend to skip in my players or not load at all and register as a blank CD.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Look to see if there is a firmware update for the specific model drive. If not, then you will just have to keep burning at the slower speed. Also, you aren't supposed to be doing anything intensive with the computer while burning.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
It's always been known that the faster you burn a disc, the more likely errors will occur. That's why I normally burn at slower speeds.

spirit

Staff member
30x isn't that slow anyway. Just be patient... always best to burn at the slowest speeds possible.

aldan

i always burn at half the speed of the blank cd and ive got 10year old cds that still play flawlessly.