when i login, it goes do a different user account

b|ued

i'm using windows xp but when i enter my password in my user account, it goes to a new user account... so when i go to my documents, there are no files in there.. hence, i should go to C drive then documents and settings then find my user account. Afterwards, I have to check the my documents of my original account to access my previous files (my real "My Documents"). Is there anyone who has an idea how i could solve my problem? I would really appreciate your help. If you need more clarifications. Just let me know. Thank you very much!

narafa

Log on using your original user.

I am a little bit confused, can you please mention users names so that we can better help you instead of using the word, user, original user and so on.

b|ued

clarifications

when i go to user accounts, i just see my account "owner" (which also serves as administrator) coz i hav disabled the guest account. but when i go to 'documents and settings' i can see that the files i save in my documents go to the folder "owner.V2Y919" (im not sure if VY919 or something else coz im in d office now and my pc is at home). in short, in user account i only hav "owner" but in the 'documents and settings' folder there are several accounts such as "owner" and "owner.V2Y919". instead of my documents going to the folder "owner" it goes to the other folder. :confused:

atomic

i see this to...as you have set adminstrator rights to your account you can view any file on the computer even them stored in different accounts

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
my folder in documents and settings looks sort of like that for my work system. The stuff after the . is the domain you've logged on to.