When I Play Music A Crackle Sound Is Produced

Rambo

Hi!

When I play music through my CD-R/DVD-RW Disc Drive it produces a crackle kind of sound which is really annoying :(

Does anyone know of this problem, and how to fix it?

Rambo

Well, not really... I noticed it started happening when I first built the computer... But this drive was put in previous computers and it ran fine...

errmm, I'm not exactly sure how it started, otherwise I would be able to fix it :p

Anything else?

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
Rambo said:
Hi!

When I play music through my CD-R/DVD-RW Disc Drive it produces a crackle kind of sound which is really annoying :(

Does anyone know of this problem, and how to fix it?

do u mean you put the headphones in the cd drive audio port?

Rambo

elmarcorulz said:
do u mean you put the headphones in the cd drive audio port?

No, I mean when I play music straight from the drive off an Audio CD, playing out of my Hi-Fi speakers... and it isn't the speakers by the way ;)

Hellbreather

Is the Disc you are trying to play the music off Dirty or damaged?
I know it's a really basic things but you'd be surprised :p

Rambo

Hellbreather said:
Is the Disc you are trying to play the music off Dirty or damaged?
I know it's a really basic things but you'd be surprised :p

lol, nahh, I know it isn't this because all the music CD's which I've tried all have the same outcome...

Thanks though ;)

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
bumping after 2 hours? anyway, are you using onboard sound, or a seperate sound card? either way, uninstall the drivers and re install them.

it may also be the connection, make sure that the 3.5mm jacks are plugged in snuggly

Rambo

elmarcorulz said:
are you using onboard sound, or a seperate sound card? either way, uninstall the drivers and re install them.

Ok, I use on-board sound... I'll give un-installing then re-installing a go...

elmarcorulz said:
it may also be the connection, make sure that the 3.5mm jacks are plugged in snuggly

As I said, I use my Hi-fi speakers... They go through those red and white Audio wires - not 3.5mm jacks... And yes they are plugged in nice and snugly...

Bumping after 2 hours?

:p lol, that's me for ya!

P.S. You do know 3.5mm is very small? 0.35cm to be exact...I have never seen a jack that small :eek:

Rambo

elmarcorulz said:
the ports on a sound cards are 3.5mm and what do your hi fi speakers plug into then

ohh, ok, so you mean a jack input which recieves the jack ;)

My Hi-Fi speakers plug into my Hi-Fi :p

I then have a red and white cable (audio) which plugs in through the back into "Auxillary" and then into a little device called "M-Audio Fast Track". The M-Audio Fast Track USB device then plugs into my computer :D

I am not too sure if this is the problem. The audio cd was burn with nero? Because back then I have a problem burning the cd with nero and making that crackling sound also like the cd was messed up. If you are using nero try updating it to the recent nero on the website that is 6.6.0.12 and you can find the serial on google. I hope that helps.

Rambo

oh, so you got it set up through usb.did the usb device come with any drivers, if so, have you tried re-installing them? so the speakers are fine, and the cd's are fine.

That is not the problem, because before I had this device, I was using computer speakers, and it did still produce a crackley noise.

what program are you using to play themusic

Windows Media Player and WinAMP both produce this crackle noise...

The audio cd was burn with nero? Because back then I have a problem burning the cd with nero and making that crackling sound also like the cd was messed up. If you are using nero try updating it to the recent nero on the website that is 6.6.0.12 and you can find the serial on google. I hope that helps.

Some of the CD's were proper ones bought from a shop, and yes, they did have this problem too...

It can't be a faulty cd/dvd drive because it played music fine in previous computers...

Are there any settings within windows which have something to do with playing music or anything?

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
just out of curiosity, do u have the windows media player/winamp/windows volume ALL the way up, cuz thats bad for the speakers and can produce the crackly sound, try putting down a bit to 95%

apj101

VIP Member
isn't M-Audio Fast Track for recording guitars and vocals and stuff like that. Could i ask why your running "sound out" through this device? What happens if you just plug your Auxillary output from your hifi straight into the jack plug socket for "sound out" on your mobo. Not using the usb device at all.

Recap - you have
1 X 3.5mm Jack to RCA Cable
plug jack end into jack plug socket for "sound out" on your mobo
plug RCA end (the red and white) into Auxillary at back of hi-fi

Play music...

do a little dance