When purchasing a Hard Drive?

Kamaki

When looking to purchase a replacement hard drive, which numbers are important? I need to replace my hard drive which is a Seagate with P/N: 9SL154-022. The other number on the hard drive is: ST31000528AS. Must both of these numbers be the same on the replacement hard drive or just one of them? Thank you, Tommy.

Kamaki

So, you are saying this will work for me? Can you share any special instructions on the install? I really appreciate your support. Thank you and stay safe. Aloha, Tommy.

22-236-339-V05.jpg

WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD10EZEX - OEM

Kamaki

I made the purchase. That was easy with your support. Thank you very much. Stay safe. Aloha, Tommy.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Installing windows is pretty easy, especially if you had windows 10. Just a matter of reinstalling without entering a key and it will auto activate when you get to the desktop, providing there is internet access.

Kamaki

You are talking about if I have the Windows 10 disk. For me I don't have a Windows 10 disk to load. I do have a Windows 8.1 Pro disk that I can use. Would that disk load automatically or do I have to press on a key at start up? With the Windows 8.1 installed I can then perhaps find a Free Windows 10 upgrade somewhere to load. I do have internet access. Thank you for your support. Stay safe. Aloha, Tommy.

ssal

If your old drive still works, it's a lot easier to clone it. All your OS and programs (and data) will be there.

Kamaki

The problem was I could not boot up the computer with my old drive. No matter what I tried, it just would not boot up. So, I did purchase the Western Digital Drive shown above. I installed it and after working with it, it finally installed and booted up. I installed the Windows 8.1 Operating system. Thank you all for your support. Aloha, Tommy.