Where do you buy your lenses?

Respital

I've been looking for a lens longer then 200mm from my D60 for some time now but the only one i've found is a 70-300 and anything above 300 shoots up to at least 10 times the price (wtf?) so where can i get a lens for my D60 above 300 and not insanely expensive, more-so where do all of you buy your lenses I've only been to Henry's so far where would be another good place in Canada to buy lenses?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
http://KEH.com was suggested to me a while back. They have lots of new and used equipment. I purchased a Sigma 70-300mm lens from there for $17. They said it it was in poor condition and had a noisy focus. It's really in good condition and the focus is about as noisy as my 55-200mm :p People told me they tend to rate things much worse than they really are. Check it out, you could probably find some pretty good deals...

Laquer Head

What kinda of budget do you have?

Nikon has a nice 80-400mm f4.5 but it is 1600 bucks.

edit.

whoops. just saw that u posted about the 80-400..

Honestly, in the nikon line i see that and one 300mm prime f4 before the prices jump into orbit.,

My suggestion is to switch to Canon!! :p

Last edited:

Glliw

My suggestion is to look into extension tubes. Cheap alternatives for a 40-60% increase in reach at a cost of fstop.

vroom_skies

VIP Member
My suggestion is to look into extension tubes. Cheap alternatives for a 40-60% increase in reach at a cost of fstop.

Agreed.
Your not going to get much over 300mm in any form, whether it be in a zoom or prime unless you throw down some serious money. So since were dealing with a low budget, ET's are your best bet.

Glliw

Also, I'm not sure how nikon stuff works, but with canon there's ef and ef-s mount lenses for the full frame and 1.6x crop factors respectively. You can use an ef lens on an ef-s mount camera. so say you bout the 70-300 F2.8L and then used it on an xti/xsi/t1i...etc you would have 60% more reach that way because of the crop factor of the sensor.