Where does a person buy a good quality X-Box 360?

ScOuT

VIP Member
Hey guys...I have a good friend who is looking for a used X-Box 360 in good condition. Where would a person even look?

There are thousands on Fleabay and of course local stuff like craigslist. This is for a grandmother buying it for her grandson. :D

I need help finding the best system for the least amount of money...budget is a little tight for her.

Any good sites or does anybody have one for sale here? :confused:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
What's her budget? You can get good refurbished ones from Gamestop. They'll at least come with a limited warranty.

beers

Staff member
Cowboom usually has some deals too, although you have to do a little digging on finding a 'satisfactory' unit for the price point you're looking for.

ScOuT

VIP Member
What's her budget? You can get good refurbished ones from Gamestop. They'll at least come with a limited warranty.

That might be a good option...makes sense to go that route. She is looking at about $150. My son has piles of games for his...I can throw in a stack of games for her.

17 thousand odd posts, global moderator...wow I have been gone a while!:eek:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member

beers

Staff member
You'd probably want to still get the higher capacity versions to install games locally from the disk (which cuts out a LOT of loading time on most games).

Some games like GTA V also require a preinstallation, which the 4 GB wouldn't be able to facilitate.

Edit:
You might find a few good deals on Black Friday if it's not an urgent deal to have one right now. I remember last year they had a new bundle for $99. On the leaked Walmart BF ad they have a 4 GB 360 E for $99 but you could probably find deals on higher capacity versions too.

Last edited:

ScOuT

VIP Member
Thanks for the help guys! I think working a deal with Gamestop seems like about the best option...it may be close to his home for the warranty/return policy also.

I have been out of the game for a while...kinda lost on where to get anything!