Where is SP1?

speedyink

VIP Member
So I've been waiting patiently for a while, but this is getting rediculous. My friend got it weeks ago and it still hasn't shown up in my windows update! On either of my computers! Is there a direct download that doesn't include all the updates to date?

_simon_

I just kept clicking check for updates. If I remember correctly on the 5th attempt it said it was available to download. I guess they're still staggering the downloads.

speedyink

VIP Member
430mb eh? My friend says the one in windows update was 86mb. Does that sound right? I just want to make sure that it's just sp1, and not a couple hundred updates that I already have bundled with it.

Geoff

VIP Member
430mb eh? My friend says the one in windows update was 86mb. Does that sound right? I just want to make sure that it's just sp1, and not a couple hundred updates that I already have bundled with it.
Thats really all a service pack is, one file that contains many hotfixes and updates, as well as a few added features.

speedyink

VIP Member
Well it looks like that's my only option. I tried refreshing it a bunch of times and it still didn't show up. I did get some nifty new windows sound schemes from the ultimate extras though:D