Where to buy custom pc?

Odin845

Hello, I am trying to buy a new computer and I was thinking of buying from cyberpower, but I read that a lot of people had bad experiences with them. So does anyone know of any trusted and reliable websites to buy a custom computer from?

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Fist off your better building one yourself. The places i know of are IbuyPower and Cyberpower, theres also voodoopc but i think they are way over priced..

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, don't buy a custom one, that's like ringing Dell and telling them what you want in it... Build it yourself, it isn't hard at all, there's a link in my sig if you need it :)

Odin845

I don't think I could build it my self and if it doesn't work, I won't know what to do. The only thing I have ever done is putting in a new video card and memory.

Superspacemunky

I agree with everyone thus far in the fact you should do it yourself. Take it from a newb, I don't think I know enough to open my own business, but from reading all the 101's on here and asking "stupid" questions I have figured out enough to be confident that I can do it. I've only recently got into this (within the past month or so) and everyone here will give you advice on the ?'s they have heard thousands of times over without even a hint of flame involved. You and I may not know everything about this stuff but I can guarantee you that between everyone on here they can help you through any problem you can come up against :D

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Yes, building will save tons. Don't worry about it not working. You usually have 30 days to return it. We're here to help troubleshoot with problems. Once you get it up I say run ORTHOS for 24-48Hours, if it passes then the computer's gonna last.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, I rekon you should only bother with it if you plan on OC'ing, if not you should be fine to just build it and run it.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
If you truly do not have an interest, then don't build it yourself. The main reason many of us build our own is because we love it. We love the sense of accomplishment and hate OEM/vendor products.

If you're intimidated, and feel like you don't know enough, just try it. It's easy, and there's 101,000 guides on the internet alone. Kornowski's guide is pretty good.

Do it for all the enthusiaists, and build it yourself! :)

Odin845

Yea but what if I screw something up like static or whatever and I am out like 2000 dollars, but with a store I can have them replace it if it is broken or something.

Jabes

banned
don't worry about that the warranty should cover it and if you can put in a gfx card then you can build a pc

nexolus

Just build it on a hardwood floor and you'll be fine.

lol a couple years ago I had no idea about the static thing and I built a computer on a carpet. and it worked perfectly.

Odin845

When I turn it on I heard I have to configure the bios or something, how do you do that it sounds difficult. I don't know how to read or write binary is that what show up when you first turn it on a bunch of 0s and 1s?

Jabes

banned
when it turns on you have to install the operating system and the bios is just normal unless you are going to overclock and the bios is not in binary its just normal words

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Yea but what if I screw something up like static or whatever and I am out like 2000 dollars, but with a store I can have them replace it if it is broken or something.

You can use one of those lame wristbands from Fry's, if you'd like. However, I would use ThatGuy16's advice - touch the case occasionally. I know it seems to be complicated, but it's REALLY easy.

When I turn it on I heard I have to configure the bios or something, how do you do that it sounds difficult. I don't know how to read or write binary is that what show up when you first turn it on a bunch of 0s and 1s?

No. Fortunately, you will probably see the English language. Restart the computer you are using after you memorize, or print this message. Upon restart, hit either the DELETE key, or F2, or F3, or F8, very quickly. The screen you see next is the BIOS. Somewhere on the screen, probably below, you will see an option to "Save and exit without changes'" with a key value next to it. Press that key, and boot into Windows. That's the BIOS.

At the most, the first time you boot your fresh, custom system, you may need to set your BIOS to boot from your CD/DVD Drive to properly install your OS. If you get that far, hit this forum up for advice, and someone will tell you how to do it.

Last edited: