Where to get new PC from?

I built my last pc but I really dont have time to do that right now with my schedule, I know the building itself doesn't take that long but the potential troubleshooting and replacing parts etc. I just rather customize something online and maybe pay a bit more to get it done that way.

I was looking at Xidax, they seemed good but then I go down the black hole of the internet and find something negative which I guess you will find on any of these companies.

Basically I am looking for first hand experience and recommendations with any of these sites that build custom pc's.

For me the biggest factor is reliability and a company that really stress tests everything before hand so minimize issues on my end.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Cyberpower pc or ibuypower. But it literally only takes a couple hours to build a system and install windows and stuff. Highly recommend building it yourself.

mistersprinkles

If you want something done right you have to do it yourself. Never expect any of these builders to be as dilligent in assembly, installation, or testing as you would be.
So many horror stories about pre-overclocked systems that become unstable etc because it's done half-assedly.

In a nutshell- your goal when you build your machine and test it is a machine that works perfectly for YOUR needs no matter the time investment required.

iBuypower wants to take your order and bang your machine out the door as fast as possible to maximize profits. They're really not profiting very much on a per-machine basis. It's not in their best interests to take the time to do their due dilligence with your machine.

Honestly if you want custom built and you don't want to build it, find a small company or even just "a guy" in your area that does custom builds. Look up reviews on the guy and make sure he's going to do a good job.

I worked in a repair/build shop for awhile and when somebody ordered a custom PC we literally assembled it, put the OS and drivers on it, and it was out the door. MAYBE 3.5 hours spent on any one machine from the point of opening the boxes for the parts to having it out the door on a really slow day. Closer to 3 hours maybe even less on a day when we were pressed for time.

mistersprinkles

For what it's worth, such people do exist. When I do a build for somebody privately I test far beyond post and Windows boot up.

mistersprinkles

I think we're all spouting doom and gloom a bit too much, I mean if somebody who is CAPABLE of configuring/building a machine buys one prebuilt and pre-configured, it's not as big of a deal as they have the knowledge to adjust things to their liking.

ramirez

You'd be hard pressed to find a builder who tests beyond POST and booting into Windows

I will usually run a burn in test for 72 hours. Run some video streams, play a few games, do some stress testing before I turn over a build to a customer. I still say if you want it done right, do it yourself.