Where's the Cache?

/_\MECCA/_\

Sometimes I looks at videos on Youtube via Firefox & wonder....where does the Firefox store it's cache by default, because I would like to save the videos myself.....And NO don't tell me it's illegal(copyright wise) to do that because it's already on my computer so it's just a matter of finding it. Can anyone please help me out?

munkyeetr

The location for cached Firefox web elements is under the \Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[profilename]\Cache directory in XP, or \Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[profilename]\Cache in Vista. However the files held there are saved as a range of alphanumeric strings and not as filenames. This is primarily for security purposes, so that a malicious file/script in your cache can't be launched easily. To view the cache contents, type "about:cache?device=disk" (without quotes) in the Firefox address bar and press Enter - all the cached entries will be shown as links, with further details when you click on each link.

Excerpt from this page.

Draco Malfoy

If the movies are played with certain plugins then it is possible that they are streamed, and thus would not be saved on your computer, and if it uses plugins, they wouldn't be stored in your browser's cache anyway. Otherwise try viewing the source of the page and download the video directly.